It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 pm

MIDI MESSAGE ON NEW ORGAN LOADING

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Vangelis

MIDI MESSAGE ON NEW ORGAN LOADING

PostMon Oct 17, 2022 7:11 am

Hello everybody,

I built some months ago a project to show each register names on OLED display. This project run pretty good. The system is set manually by selecting the organ name independently of Hauptwerk . I would like now to automate this with Hauptwerk. Is there any way in Hauptwerk to send a midi message when you load a new organ and of course naming the organ ?

I know it is possible to send this information to a hardware display with the loading rate, but how to recover this information to the Midi output ?

Kind regards

Bernard PASSAGEZ
studio-bernard.fr

mdyde

Re: MIDI MESSAGE ON NEW ORGAN LOADING

PostMon Oct 17, 2022 7:33 am

Hello Bernard,

You could potentially use the "Organ settings | Advanced MIDI applications | Custom MIDI configuration messages to send" screen for that.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

IainStinson

PostMon Oct 17, 2022 7:40 am

You could send the LCD message to program which received the midi message, decoded the lcd message and initiated whatever action you wanted. Alternatively you could write a program to process the HW console status midi stream, and in that you would find the name of the sample set being loaded. The format of the lcd messages and the console status stream are documented in the HW manual.

You would use an internal virtual midi cable to link the HW midi output to your program. See
https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software ... lmidi.html

Many programming languages have midi library routines which simplify the effort required.

If you didn’t want to write a program you could probably configure the Bome midi translator to do what you want.

Iain
Last edited by IainStinson on Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vangelis

PostMon Oct 17, 2022 9:32 am

Many thanks Martin and lain ! I will have a look to that. I use a lot Bome Midi Translator so you give me the solution. I believed the LCD midi stream was not documented.

Kind regards

Bernard

Vangelis

PostMon Oct 17, 2022 11:00 am

Dear Martin,

Always happy to discuss with you. Following your answer, I have suddenly a crazy question: Is it possible to ask to Hauptwerk to load a new organ a from a Midi IN command ? crazy no ? ;-)

Bernard

mdyde

PostMon Oct 17, 2022 12:04 pm

Hello Bernard,

Yes -- you can assign organs as 'favourites' and trigger the functions to load them from MIDI pistons/messages. Have a look at the "Organ menu | Loading and assigning favorite organs" section in the main Hauptwerk user guide for that (pages 85-87 in the current v7.0 version).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Vangelis

PostTue Oct 18, 2022 8:26 am

Thanks a lot Martin !

Kind regards

Bernard

Return to Technical support