It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

Hauptwerk V7

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

RODANDUNA

Hauptwerk V7

PostSun Oct 30, 2022 3:42 am

Hi All Turned on my VTPO today & it didn't sound as it usually does I went into the version & it showed V7 but found some of the applications in general settings missing I tried shutting down & turning on again but same result, It seems to me that it has become corrupt so what is the drill for downloading & reloading again? Is this a common problem with HW7 Thanks Rod

IainStinson

Re: Hauptwerk V7

PostSun Oct 30, 2022 4:11 am

This is not a common problem with HW7.

It would be useful to know more details in order to make some suggestions which may help.

Are you using a Mac or Windows system?

Is the computer used for other applications, if so do they still work?

Does the system have more than one hard drive, if it does are these all accessible (in case parts of HW are on different drives)?

Do you have a HW backup on a removable ‘drive’ / memory stick ( this preserves your HW settings)?

Do you have an image backup of your system (restoring this should get things back to the state when the backup was made)?

Iain

mdyde

PostSun Oct 30, 2022 4:13 am

Hello Rod,

[As background information for my own reference, I see from your previous topics that you use the Paramount 3/41 sample set on a PC with 16 GB of RAM that runs Windows 10, and with three Echo AudioFire audio interfaces using ASIO4All drivers, connected to 36 Behringer speakers.]

Could you clarify exactly what you mean by "but found some of the applications in general settings missing"?

When you click on the "General settings" menu (the entry in the main menu bar that runs along the top of the main Hauptwerk window), you should see the following items:

GeneralSettingsMenu.jpg

(You can click on the image above to see it larger, then press the 'back' button in your Web browser if needed to get back to this forum topic.)

Do you mean that some of those items aren't present at all? Which ones, if so?

Or do you mean that all of those items are present, but some are greyed out? Which ones, if so?

If you go to "Help | About Hauptwerk" (from the main menu) does it say that you are running the Advanced Edition, or the Lite Edition?

If it says the Advanced Edition (as it should, if the iLok system is finding your licence correctly), do you have an organ loaded currently (e.g. the Paramount 3/41, if you have that set to load automatically when Hauptwerk launches)?

[Edit: P.S. I see that Iain and I replied at the same time.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

RODANDUNA

H/W 7

PostSun Oct 30, 2022 8:12 am

Thanks Guys A little bit of confusion here, I have 2 H/W licences one with H/W 6 but the one with the problem I am refering to, has H/W7 I have windows 7 home premium, 3 Audiofires12's with 16 Gig ram. & using the original ASIO drivers for the audiofires This computer is dedicated to the organ only & had this organ working for 12 years. This is the first time I have had this issue since upgrading to H/W7 (The Audio Mixer for adding reverb) in the general settings was missing from the drop down window & the reverb also was dry (no reverb) I do have a seperate HD which periodically backs everything up. Back again I have just fired the organ up again after 5 hours & mostly working Ok except one issue. I will try it again in the morning & will report back Thanks Rod

mdyde

PostSun Oct 30, 2022 8:31 am

Hello Rod,

[I've merged your new topic into the original one, to keep it all in one place.]

Thanks for the update.

RODANDUNA wrote: (The Audio Mixer for adding reverb) in the general settings was missing from the drop down window & the reverb also was dry (no reverb)

If these two items are missing from the menu:

- "General settings | Audio mixer".
- "General settings | Audio mixer bus groups".

... then somehow you must be running Hauptwerk in Lite Edition (not Advanced Edition) mode. You can verify which edition you're using via the "Help | About Hauptwerk" screen.

I'd suggest:

- Shut the computer down for good measure.

- Assuming you use an iLok dongle for your v7 licence (as opposed to iLok Cloud), make sure that the iLok dongle which has your v7 licence in it is attached to the computer.

- Restart the computer.

- After logging into Windows, make sure that the LED within your dongle lights up, which indicates that the driver is 'seeing' it.

- Wait 60 seconds or so for good measure, to make sure that Windows and the iLok system has had time to finishing starting properly.

- Now launch Hauptwerk.

Does that solve it?
Best regards, Martin.

RODANDUNA

PostMon Oct 31, 2022 3:50 am

Thanks Brett, Yes running the advanced edition Yes dongle has the green light showing -- "General settings | Audio mixer".- "General settings | Audio mixer bus groups" are now back (were missing)- But (General settings Audio mixer) Gives me only a few MSTR mix bus groups, not the page that I had before and as i scroll down half way the lower half of the page black out & there is no arrow in the bottom LH corner to to press to open up the rest of the page?? Is this as clear as mud???? The organ now sounds good but just seems strange that things have changed but all else seems to be ok Thanks Rod

mdyde

PostMon Oct 31, 2022 4:26 am

Thanks, Rod.

RODANDUNA wrote: Yes dongle has the green light showing -- "General settings | Audio mixer".- "General settings | Audio mixer bus groups" are now back (were missing)

Excellent.

RODANDUNA wrote:But (General settings Audio mixer) Gives me only a few MSTR mix bus groups, not the page that I had before and as i scroll down half way the lower half of the page black out & there is no arrow in the bottom LH corner to to press to open up the rest of the page??

Do you mean that the screen looks like this?:

AudioMixer2.jpg

If so, the dark grey lines in the left-hand pane are the nodes for mixer presets. You just need to click the little arrow to the far left-hand side of the relevant one to expand it. Alternatively, if you have an organ loaded and then open the mixer screen, Hauptwerk (v7) will automatically expand the node for the mixer preset that the organ uses.

Once the relevant node is expanded, you should see its mixer buses, similar to this (although the names of the primary buses will probably be different on your system):

AudioMixer1.jpg

Note also that you can drag the edges of the window to change its size if needed.
Best regards, Martin.

RODANDUNA

PostMon Oct 31, 2022 6:55 am

Thanks Martin for the advice Yes I get it , & all seems to be working great now, Also previously when I loaded the 4/50 some of the my presets were missing but all back now Makes me wonder if the organ didn't load as it should Cheers Rod

mdyde

PostMon Oct 31, 2022 7:06 am

Thanks, Rod. Excellent.

[Just for completeness: given that I think must temporarily have been using the Lite Edition due to your Advanced Edition licence not being found when you were having the problem previously, mixer presets wouldn't have been available, since the Lite Edition doesn't include support for those. Also, if you had accidentally launched Hauptwerk via one of the other configurations (desktop short-cuts), instead of the one that you meant to launch, then you might have had different audio/routing settings, since all settings are completely independent between the four configurations.]
Best regards, Martin.

RODANDUNA

PostMon Oct 31, 2022 7:51 pm

Thanks Martin, Yes that was most likely the problem Thanks for your patience Best Rod

mdyde

PostTue Nov 01, 2022 3:27 am

Thanks, Rod. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support