It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am

HW Version 6 download needed

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

gliv301

HW Version 6 download needed

PostFri Nov 04, 2022 3:02 am

Hello,

Last year I purchased the HW 6 advanced perpetual license, order #306784 under my email, gliv301@gmail.com.
I need to setup my computer from scratch and, unfortunately, I haven't kept a copy of the HW 6 advanced setup file for MacOS. I cannot find a direct download link for version 6. As I'm not willing to upgrade to HW 7 right now, can you please provide a solution? A download link maybe?

Thanks a lot in advance

George

mdyde

Re: HW Version 6 download needed

PostFri Nov 04, 2022 3:53 am

Hello George,

Hauptwerk v6 is no longer available for download publicly via the website. I'll ask Francois (who handles support for us) to contact you via email.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 8:05 am

Hmm, does this mean I need to contact Francois too as I purchased V5, 6 and 7 as they came out, and have yet to upgrade my computer with them? I hope to do this in the next several months as I get my HW system set up again after relocating it. As I understand it I need to upgrade using each newer version, in other words I can't just jump from 4-7 with the incremental upgrades I purchased.

Thanks,
Eric

mdyde

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 8:10 am

Hello Eric,

No -- there's no need to, or advantage in, upgrading via intermediate versions. Just upgrade directly from v4 to the latest version in one go.
Best regards, Martin.

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 8:55 am

Ok thanks Martin.

mdyde

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 8:59 am

Thanks, Eric. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.

Eric Sagmuller

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 6:22 am

mdyde wrote:Hello Eric,

No -- there's no need to, or advantage in, upgrading via intermediate versions. Just upgrade directly from v4 to the latest version in one go.

Hi Martin,

Now that I'm retired and have more free time, I plan to finally do the upgrade. So I have a little confusion to clear up. My HW computer is a PC and not connected to the internet. My internet connected computer to do the intermediate download, etc. is a Mac. Do I go ahead and download the PC version of HW to the Mac, as that is what I will need for the HW computer? Also, will this affect the I-lock license manager that I need (at least temporarily), on both computers?

Thanks,
Eric

mdyde

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 7:19 am

Hello Eric,

Yes -- you could simply download the Windows version of Hauptwerk v7 on your Mac, as well as the current Windows version of iLok License Manager, and then transfer the downloaded files to your PC (e.g. via a USB stick). Also, you could use iLok License Manager on your Mac, with your iLok dongle connected to it temporarily, to activate the v7 licence to the iLok dongle, and then transfer the dongle to your PC.

However, note also that you might possibly need to apply Windows updates on your PC, especially since Microsoft distribute code signature databases, etc. via Windows updates, which software released since Windows was last updated on your PC may need. Hence you might need to connect the PC to the Internet temporarily anyway (in order to apply Windows updates).
Best regards, Martin.

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 4:53 am

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. That sounds simple enough.

Yeah I've wondered about updating the PC as it hasn't been done since I built it in 2016. I've heard a lot of complaints of upgrades causing audio issue, etc. though the years, so have been very hesitant to do that as it's worked perfectly. However, I realize that finally needs to be done in order to bring it up to speed for V7. Looks like I'll probably just upgrade to V7 directly to the PC, as you say it will be network connected anyway for a time.

Eric

mdyde

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 5:13 am

Thanks, Eric. You wouldn't necessarily need to connect the PC to a network unless you needed/wanted to apply Windows updates. (You could transfer the Hauptwerk and iLok files via a USB stick, for example.) Hence, if you wanted to, you could try doing the Hauptwerk v7 and iLok installation on the PC without connecting it to the Internet, and then only connect it to the Internet and apply Winddows updates if you find that Hauptwerk v7 and/or iLok won't install/run.
Best regards, Martin.

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 3:13 pm

Ok great. I'll try that first. Thanks for all your help and support you give to everyone. You've given a lot of enjoyment to me and countless others with HW.

Eric

mdyde

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 3:38 pm

Thanks very much, Eric.
Best regards, Martin.

Eric Sagmuller

PostFri Mar 17, 2023 10:40 am

Hi Martin,

So I'm having a little bit of trouble/confusion because of using my Mac as the go between.

I downloaded the iLock license manager for MacOS as that is what I'm using to redeem the HW7 license. That worked fine. Then I downloaded HW7 in the Windows format as that is what the organ computer needs. But when I try to transfer it to my USB drive it won't allow the operation. Obviously, I don't see the need to install the program on the Mac first. Just do the transfer. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Eric

mdyde

PostFri Mar 17, 2023 10:54 am

Hello Eric,

Do you mean macOS is giving you some sort of error when you try to copy the file to a USB stick? If so, what's the error message? Can you copy other files to that USB stick (which should indicate that it's formatted appropriately for macOS to be able to access it)?
Best regards, Martin.

Eric Sagmuller

PostFri Mar 17, 2023 12:21 pm

Hi Martin,

I tried another stick just now and that works. I think you are right about the formatting. There was one item on the stick already that I thought I had done in macOS, but now remember that it was probably done before I got this Mac, which were always PC's. It would mean the stick would need to be formatted both ways. Not sure this is possible.

Thanks,
Eric
Next

Return to Technical support