It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am

License migration request form -- Where is it hiding???

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

castaway

License migration request form -- Where is it hiding???

PostThu Nov 10, 2022 1:03 am

I have upgraded from Hauptwerk IV to Hauptwerk VII.
I am using a new computer with Windows 10.
I have installed Hauptwerk VII successfully and have activated it with an iLOCK account set for local use.

I seems I need to submit a license-migration-request form and pay $30 to transfer my Hereford sound samples to the iLOCK device. The Hauptwerk web site on its order page tells me I must submit said form to complete my application to request the transfer. But the website Search function has no idea of what the form is and, therefore, is unable to find it. And of course, there is no indication on the order page of where to get said request form.

Question -- Where can I download the license migration test form?
How do I use it in MY particular situation? (There seems to be a great deal of confusion in the forum about this.)

Thx.

mdyde

Re: License migration request form -- Where is it hiding???

PostThu Nov 10, 2022 4:27 am

Hello castaway,

Thanks very much for buying the v7 upgrade.

I'm not exactly sure what the current procedure on the website is, but I think the item you need to buy is this one:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/hauptwerk-license-migration/

Once that's been purchased, perhaps it gives you a link to the actual form in the order confirmation email. Is that the item that you purchased, with no link in the email?

If so, I'll ask Francois to get back to you, since he'd know the current procedure. That might take a few hours due to the time-zone differences (he's in Canada).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

castaway

PostThu Nov 10, 2022 11:42 am

Unfortunately the Hauptwork website refuses to accept my registraiton data at the website you listed until I attach my copy of the form at that website address-- which I do not have and cannot get in the first place.

I fill out all the data requested, including credit card and the iLOCK. A this point another window opens and asks me to attach my license migration request form. Since I don't have one to attach I am unable to leave that window.

Thanks. I hope Francois has the answer.

------------------------------

Another question/problem, Francois:

To make the above problem more frustrating, Hauptwork never remembers my password after I sign off your website. After completing the email "forgotten you password" bit and I get a another password accepted, the only way I get to the above address is to immediately go that address. If I close my browser and come back to the above website, I am told that my password is wrong.

I have to go through the reset-password procedure again every time I use Hauptwork site. This is the same problem I had when I tried to purchased Hauptwerk 7 some months ago. The Hauptwerk software apparently does not like my user name (? or email address) and refuses to save any password associated with these names. This problems exists no matter which of my 3 computers I use.

mdyde

PostThu Nov 10, 2022 1:15 pm

Hello castaway,

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about the problems. I'll ask Francois to get back to you.

castaway wrote: The Hauptwerk software apparently does not like my user name (? or email address) and refuses to save any password associated with these names.

I think you must be referring to the Hauptwerk website (not the Hauptwerk software per-Se), since the Hauptwerk software itself doesn't use usernames, passwords, or email address. (The exception might be that if you're using a Hauptwerk licence in iLok Cloud, as opposed to on an iLok dongle, then the iLok system would require you to be logged into your iLok account in iLok License Manger, with your iLok Cloud session open there, before the iLok system would allow Hauptwerk itself to launch.)

Anyway, I'll ask Francois to get back to you.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

PostThu Nov 10, 2022 1:31 pm

I think you use a one-time migration function (was it called File | Initiate migration?) in HW 5, 6, or 7 to create a migration file with your HW 4 dongle attached to the computer.

You upload the resulting file to the web site when you submit the migration request.

Note: You won't see this File menu entry unless your HW 4 dongle is attached to the computer before you run HW 5 6 or 7 to do the migration. There's some help for this in FAQ posts under News and Announcements in these forums. Just search for migration.

micdev

Site Admin

PostThu Nov 10, 2022 1:45 pm

Good afternoon,

When you buy the License migration package, a flag is set in your Hauptwerk.com account so you can access the migration form. There is nothing to download.

To migrate your licenses from the HW4 dongle to iLok, do the following steps

- Make sure that your HW4 dongle is connected and the little light is ON
- Start Hauptwerk 7
- You will find an option in Hauptwerk to create a special file. Click FILE | Initiate migration...
- Follow the instruction but DO NOT click the link provided in the pop-up window
- A file was created and saved on your desktop.
- Now go to hauptwerk.com/My-account and sign-in
- Click Support | Licensing | VI license migration (that option is not available unless you bought the license migration package (and you did).
- Click the License Migration button
- Upload the file that you created and complete the form, then click SEND once
- Wait about 30 sec. You will see a message at the top of the page confirming that your migration was successful

You will to activate the deposited licenses
- Start iLOK Manager
- Sign-in
- Click View | All licenses
- Right-click and activate the 3 licenses

You will need to re-install the Hereford using the new HW5/6/7 installation files. These files are available from Lavender' website (click SUPPORT on Lavender' website to find the needed files)

If you still have problem, contact me at SUPPORT and send me your migration file and I will take care of uploading them to your account.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

castaway

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 1:09 am

Many thanks to mnailor and micdev! I have used their directions successfully.

To obtain the elusive migration information file, one must know the proper Hauptwerk version and the proper dongle to use. Suddenly the "hidden" directory option in Hauptwerk VII appears. Choosing this menu option will produce the file that the Hauptwerk website needs to finalize the user's license-migration-request.

Very helpful. Thanks again.

Castaway

Return to Technical support