It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:05 am

No audio from Rank out perspectives 2,3,4

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Alexander_K

No audio from Rank out perspectives 2,3,4

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 6:42 pm

Hi all,

I would appreciate any help with an audio problem.
I use HW 6 with RME hdsp9632 audio card. In HW I configured two simultaneous audio outputs through stereo analog channels and SPDIF in the RME card using Rank output perspectives 1 and 2 in the Rank routing in Organ settings. This worked absolutely fine until I got unresponsive Windows and had to reset the computer. Now I hear audio only from Rank output perspective 1 and nothing from Rank output perspective 2 (or 3 or 4). How can I make this configuration work again?

Below is the detailed audio configuration I have:
in General settings-Audio mixer: Mxr prst 1 prmry bus 1 uses channels 0001/0002 (analog stereo), Mxr prst 1 prmry bus 2 uses channels 0003/0004 (SPDIF);
in General settings-Audio mixer bus groups: Mxr prst 1 bus grp 0001 uses mixer bus 0001, Mxr prst 1 bus grp 0002 uses mixer bus 0002;
in Organ settings-Rank routing: Rank output perspective 1=0001, Rank output perspective 2=0002.

I have sound through SPDIF when I set Rank output perspective 1=0002, but not with Rank output perspective 2=0002.
I tried restoring HW settings from a recent backup - it did not help.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander.
Cogito ergo sum.

mnailor

Re: No audio from Rank out perspectives 2,3,4

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 6:56 pm

In Organ settings | Rank voicing, did you check that all ranks have a nonzero Perspective mix percentage going to perspective 2? It defaults to 0 for perspective 2, 3, and 4, so maybe it got reset in the evil event. That's the only thing I can think of in settings that you didn't mention.

If that RME card supports TotalMix FX, you can visually check where your audio is going and your RME mixer routes.

Alexander_K

Re: No audio from Rank out perspectives 2,3,4

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 7:25 pm

mnailor wrote:In Organ settings | Rank voicing, did you check that all ranks have a nonzero Perspective mix percentage going to perspective 2? It defaults to 0 for perspective 2, 3, and 4, so maybe it got reset in the evil event. That's the only thing I can think of in settings that you didn't mention.

If that RME card supports TotalMix FX, you can visually check where your audio is going and your RME mixer routes.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Indeed, I found Perspective mix set to 0 for perspective 2. Setting it to 100% solved the problem.
I saw signal only in analog output in TotalMix, now I see both analog and SPDIF working.

Thanks again!
Cogito ergo sum.

Return to Technical support