It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:54 am

License Verification Error

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Bradslk

License Verification Error

PostMon Dec 05, 2022 11:11 pm

Working fine for years; fine yesterday; now it crashes when I try to start it.

License Verification Error - Hauptwerk Advanced Edition V7
AuthorizationException::UpdateCloudAuthChainsFailure, 219 and so forth.

Running on a Mac.

mdyde

Re: License Verification Error

PostTue Dec 06, 2022 4:28 am

Hello Bradslk,

I see from PACE's system that you're using iLok Cloud for your licences. I'd suspect that error message indicates that the iLok system on your Mac lost communication with PACE's iLok Cloud servers for some reason (e.g. perhaps due to an Internet connection interruption somewhere).

Please try:

- Reboot the Mac.

- Make sure that the computer can see the Internet (e.g. use Safari to go to a website).

- Launch iLok License Manager.

- Use "File | Close All Cloud Sessions" within it (for good measure).

- Use "File | Open Your Cloud Session" within it.

- Now try launching Hauptwerk again.

Does that solve it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Erzahler

PostTue Dec 06, 2022 4:47 am

I have just got a 'license verification error' message too.
But the advice above fixed it. Thanks.

mdyde

PostTue Dec 06, 2022 5:31 am

Hello Erzahler,

Do you mean you received the same error message that Bradslk mentioned?

PACE's system indicates that you have your sample set licences are on your iLok dongle, but your Hauptwerk v7 licence in your iLok Cloud. If you try the steps that I mentioned to Bradslk, does that solve it for you? (Alternatively you could move your Hauptwerk v7 licence to your dongle.)

I just tested my Hauptwerk licence in iLok Cloud, and it's working properly for me at the moment. (For good measure, I also verified that no licence is found if I deactivate the licence.) Likewise, it's working properly for me on my iLok dongle.

[Edit: P.S. I see you've resolve it now, so please ignore my this reply. Glad to hear it's working now.]
Best regards, Martin.

ClaireB

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 10:22 am

Just wanted to report encountering same issue. I had an HW7 screen two days ago inviting me to verify license. Struggled to remember where I might find the verification code from last year - almost a year to the day when I first installed v.7. Just clicking Try again didn’t get me any further forward.

So I thought to check out the support forum first, in case the iLok server down.

Your advice from December worked perfectly, my cloud connection had disappeared. I could log in and reestablish it, and I have a working organ again.

Perhaps a helpful error message from HW7 stating it can’t connect to the manager would have been good?

Anyhow thank you for creating this topic on the forum.

mdyde

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 12:31 pm

Thanks, Claire. Glad to hear it was resolved easily enough.

ClaireB wrote:Perhaps a helpful error message from HW7 stating it can’t connect to the manager would have been good?

That isn't something that it would be technically possible for us to do, I'm afraid, since the error is being raised and reported by the iLok system, rather than anything within Hauptwerk itself. (The iLok system 'wraps' the Hauptwerk executable, and only actually launches Hauptwerk itself once it has decided that a valid licence is present.)
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support