It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

Floating Divisions with Generals?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Wayne Grauel

Floating Divisions with Generals?

PostWed Dec 14, 2022 11:16 am

Forgive me if I missed it, I'm new to HW since 3 weeks and this is beyond a lot to take in. I'm using the 3m Schuke organ from Erfurt on a 2m instrument. I've got multi-channel audio set up, and just got my floating divisions set up for the most potential registering this instrument. ( that concept took some analyzing to figure out what was going on ).

For the sake of time, Can I apply any of my 4 floating division presets ( the 4 at the bottom of the floating division panel with the left and right arrows next to them?

I say "generals" i mean to set up "general capture pistons". Thanks - Wayne

mdyde

Re: Floating Divisions with Generals?

PostWed Dec 14, 2022 11:31 am

Hello Wayne,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean that you're hoping to store which of the four floating division routes is active within combinations? For example, to have master general 1 to select a particular floating division route (as well as recalling the combination that's stored to that general, as normal)?

If so, that isn't possible currently, I'm afraid, but it is logged as an enhancement request.

[I'll move this topic to the "Technical support" section of the forum once you've had a chance to read this reply.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Wayne Grauel

PostWed Dec 14, 2022 1:52 pm

Hi Martin, nice to meet you. I read that some where ( or they were using version 5 maybe?)
So, you'll have that feature in 7.0.1 for Christmas, yes? ( sorry I couldn't resist that one_)

Let me ask, the Schuke organ doesn't have a PO to SW coupler, just PO and SW to HW.
'
Piotr said I can make a coupler but I thought having manuals I and II with all divisions floating might be a good fit.

is there a specific page on how to make a coupler for manuals?

Is this something I can assign with Scoped Pistons? Yes, I've watched my share of YouTube demos before I even loaded HW.

Will a scoped piston "drive" a general piston setting as as well as the "all divisions" on the floating division tab?

I have no clue as to the pistons, trigger, stepper functions ( yet).

Thanks for the quick reply. You saved me hours or trying to make that work!

Wayne

Wayne Grauel

PostWed Dec 14, 2022 2:14 pm

Martin, Will divisional piston activate "the floating division settings" ?
Just a thought b4 I start doing registrations.
Thanks. Wayne

IainStinson

PostWed Dec 14, 2022 2:33 pm

1.You can assign the floating division selection buttons to any midi control, so you can assign a piston on your console to select a specific floating division selection. I use this to change the active floating division so that one of my keyboards controls either the choir or solo division of some sample sets.

2.Hauptwerk has some master couplers which allow you to add a coupler which the sample set does not have. You can operate these from the screen or assign them to a midi control on your console. These are stored in combination piston settings.

These features are described in the user manual.

Iain

mdyde

PostWed Dec 14, 2022 2:36 pm

Thanks, Wayne.

[Topic moved here.]

Wayne Grauel wrote:Let me ask, the Schuke organ doesn't have a PO to SW coupler, just PO and SW to HW.
'
Piotr said I can make a coupler but I thought having manuals I and II with all divisions floating might be a good fit.

is there a specific page on how to make a coupler for manuals?

He's probably referring to Hauptwerk's 'master couplers'. Have a read through the "Registration menu: master couplers" section of the user guide (pages 132-133 in the current v7.0 version) for full details.

Wayne Grauel wrote:Is this something I can assign with Scoped Pistons? Yes, I've watched my share of YouTube demos before I even loaded HW.

Yes -- scoped combinations, and/or master generals, and/or the stepper can all store/recall the states of master couplers.

Wayne Grauel wrote:Will a scoped piston "drive" a general piston setting as as well as the "all divisions" on the floating division tab?

A scoped combination behaves like a master general combination by default, but you can reduce the set of which stops/couplers it affects if you wish. E.g. you could scope it so that it only affects stops/couplers belonging to a single division (or any other subset you wish) -- see the "Registration menu: master scoped combinations" section in the manual (pages 125-129).

Wayne Grauel wrote:Will divisional piston activate "the floating division settings" ?

None of Hauptwerk's combinations (including scoped combinations) can store/recall floating division routes, I'm afraid.

[Edit: I see that Iain and I replied at the same time.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Theorbe

PostFri Dec 16, 2022 9:55 am

Deleted by author.

Return to Technical support