It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:33 am

Trial sample sets that use ilok protection

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

IainStinson

Trial sample sets that use ilok protection

PostTue Dec 20, 2022 6:50 am

ILOK trial licences
I’ve recently been trying out two new instruments that use iLOK protection. Unfortunately, due to too many practices, services, etc. as Christmas draws near, I have not completed my evaluations and am not ready to purchase either or both sets.

Are there any technical issue with having a second trial licence if the sample set supplier agrees to sell or provide it?

As these licences are all actually issued as MDA licences is there any technical or MDA policy matters which would prevent a willing sample set supplier selling / issuing another trial for one of their sample sets?

I do understand that sample set producers and MDA (for HW and it’s sample sets) may have a policy which does not sell or provide a second trial licence as they think this may damage their sales (and revenue…)

I would be interested in sample set producers and MDAs response to this matter.

Iain

mdyde

Re: Trial sample sets that use ilok protection

PostTue Dec 20, 2022 7:22 am

Hello Iain,

The iLok system only allows one (standard-type) trial licence to be activated per product, so it isn't possible simply to obtain and activate a second trial for the same sample set, I'm afraid. However, if the maker of the sample set agrees to it, it is instead technically possible for MDA to deposit a special type of trial extension licence to you manually. Hence please contact the sample set producer to see whether they'd be prepared to do that, and ask them to contact MDA with the details via email to discuss it if so. Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

IainStinson

PostTue Dec 20, 2022 7:34 am

Thanks very much for the clarification Martin.

Iain

mdyde

PostTue Dec 20, 2022 7:39 am

Thanks, Iain. You're most welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support