It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:52 pm

Is it still possible to update from 4.0 to 4.2?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Raimund

Is it still possible to update from 4.0 to 4.2?

PostSun Jan 01, 2023 6:11 pm

Hi, i have ordered and downloaded from Sonus Paradisi the free Buckeburg Sample Set. Unfortunately I became after the installation attempt the message that my HW 4.0 Installation is not able to handle this Sample Set and I'll need at least 4.2. Is there still a way to update to 4.2?

mnailor

Re: Is it still possible to update from 4.0 to 4.2?

PostSun Jan 01, 2023 6:18 pm

The only supported upgrade currently is to 7.0, which is a vast improvement. Bear in mind that v4 hasn't been supported for years. The feature changes are in the Release Notice under hauptwerk.com Documentation tab.

Raimund

PostMon Jan 02, 2023 4:36 am

Ok, I'm seriously considering the step from V4 (Advanced Edition) to V7 (It's $299 if I see correctly).

I have 3 licensed Sample-Sets
    St. Georgen Rötha - Silbermann (MilanDigitalAudio)
    St. Eucaire Metz - Cavaille-Coll (MilandigitalAudio, Vers. 1.02)
    1686/1720 Bosch-Schnitger Vollenhove (OrganArt, Vers. 3.0)

Are these Sample-Sets migrateable? Or do I have them all to order in a new Version with extra costs?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

mdyde

PostMon Jan 02, 2023 4:57 am

Hello Raimund,

Thanks very much for the interest in upgrading.

Yes -- all three of those sample sets are available for v7, and can be downloaded in v7 format from their makers, with no sample set upgrade costs, except that a $30 sample set licence migration fee applies in total for migrating all of your v4 sample sets from the v4 USB Key to the iLok system (which is used by v7 for licensing sample sets).

Hence the total cost to you would be $299 for the v4 Advanced Edition to v7 Advanced Edition upgrade ( https://www.hauptwerk.com/upgrade-advan ... perpetual/ ), and then $30 to migrate your sample set licences.

The v7 versions of MDA sample sets can be downloaded here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17988 . For the download links for the v7 Vollenhove, you would need to contact OrganArt Media.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support