It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:36 am

Monitor solution

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Unda Maris

Monitor solution

PostWed Jan 04, 2023 12:33 pm

After upgrading to Hauptwerk 7, I have several technical problems: 1. audio glitching (64 GB RAM, no problems under Hauptwerk 4.2.) 2. The left monitor of my two Acer touchscreens (portrait format) can only produce the image I am linked here in "full screen mode". Jiri Zurek cannot explain the error. Nothing was changed in the resolution or in the monitor settings during the update. https://app.box.com/s/og7m8ki4mv90ca14cl6faqxxwu203czi

IainStinson

Re: Monitor solution

PostWed Jan 04, 2023 12:45 pm

If you are using Windows, were any Windows updates applied when you were downloading and updating any sample sets?

If you are using Windows please check that the system service Sysmain / SuperFetch is disabled, if this is enabled it can cause audio glitches. Also check tat file indexing is disabled for all your drives (this too can cause audio problems).

If there has been Windows updates, then you may also need to recalibrate the touch screens. You could also try disconnecting and reconnecting the usb connection for the screen on which touch seems not to be working.

Iain

mdyde

Re: Monitor solution

PostWed Jan 04, 2023 1:05 pm

Hello Unda Maris,

Thanks very much for upgrading.

Unda Maris wrote:2. The left monitor of my two Acer touchscreens (portrait format) can only produce the image I am linked here in "full screen mode". Jiri Zurek cannot explain the error. Nothing was changed in the resolution or in the monitor settings during the update. https://app.box.com/s/og7m8ki4mv90ca14cl6faqxxwu203czi

Do you mean that both of your touchscreens are the same make/model, resolution, and orientation (i.e. portrait), but that one is showing the virtual console correctly in portrait mode, whereas the other isn't?

How about if you temporarily come out full-screen mode (press the Escape key) and position/drag the window so that it almost fills the screen?

If that doesn't solve it, does the same apply if using the St. Anne's sample set, with its "Left jamb" virtual console tab selected (for example)?

Also, is the monitor's horizontal resolution (i.e. it's shorter side, given that it's turned sideways) greater than 1024 pixels? That's the minimum resolution that Hauptwerk supports. (The same was true of v4, but there might conceivably be differences in how the later underlying versions of the operating system libraries and multi-platform libraries used for v7 behave if the screen resolution is lower than the minimum required.)

Unda Maris wrote:1. audio glitching (64 GB RAM, no problems under Hauptwerk 4.2.)

Please use "Help | Create a diagnostic file" and send the resulting file to Francois via a support ticket ( https://www.hauptwerk.com/submit-ticket/ ) and mention this forum topic for background information. (I think you need to be logged into your account on the Hauptwerk on-line shop to be able to create a ticket.)

That will allow him to see relevant information, such as what operating system, audio driver, audio settings, and audio engine settings you're using, and how much RAM is free, and your monitors' current resolutions/scalings, for example.

[Edit: P.S. I see Iain and I replied at the same time.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support