It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am

Skinner Installation Problem

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Patrick

Skinner Installation Problem

PostFri Jan 13, 2023 11:02 am

Greetings! We are happily using Hauptwerk V with a 2015 MacBook Pro - the system has been very reliable thus far. To expand our available sounds, we recently purchased Skinner (Dry). When we attempt to install it - it starts the install but then abruptly stops and gives us error notice 1223. We have activated licenses for both Hauptwerk and Skinner on our iLok and have downloaded and updated the licensing files, but, still, it will not install. Do you know what our problem could be? Is there a way to solve this problem? Thank you for your help! Peace, Patrick

mdyde

Re: Skinner Installation Problem

PostFri Jan 13, 2023 12:38 pm

Hello Patrick,

Thanks very much for purchasing the sample set. I've had a look in PACE's system, and it does indeed show that the licences for both the Hauptwerk v5 Advanced Edition and the MDA MasterWorks Skinner are successfully activated to your iLok dongle, so that's all fine.

Please try:

- Check that the latest version of iLok License Manager is installed: https://ilok.com/ . (It doesn't hurt to reinstall it if in doubt.)

- Reboot the computer for good measure.

- Make sure that the LED is lit within the dongle (which should indicate that the driver can see it). E.g. perhaps the computer temporarily lost communication with the dongle due to a USB interruption or something like that.

- Launch iLok License Manager, log in, and make sure that it can still see the dongle with your licences on it.

- Launch Hauptwerk and verify via the "Help | About Hauptwerk" that's it's running in Advanced Edition mode, thus indicating that it too could see the dongle when it launched.

- Try downloading and (re-)installing the latest version of the Hauptwerk Licensing Packages: https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/

- Make sure that it's the 'MasterWorks Skinner' installation packages that you downloaded, as opposed to the 'wet Skinner'.

- Also, please check that the file sizes of the files you downloaded are exactly:

MtCarmelMasterWorksEMSkinner_01.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar: 2,941,547,706 bytes
MtCarmelMasterWorksEMSkinner_02.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar: 2,359,383,432 bytes

If not, please try downloading the relevant file(s) again. Download links for the v5+ versions of MDA's sample sets can be found here if needed: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17988

Does that solve it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Patrick

PostWed Jan 25, 2023 3:36 pm

Martin,

Thank you for your time and your kind reply. My apologies for being long in getting back with you.

I have followed each step of your instructions carefully.

Unfortunately, after again attempting to install the Skinner (Dry) file #1, the result was the same - "Message code (for diagnostic purposes): 1223"

Any additional help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Peace,

Patrick

mdyde

PostThu Jan 26, 2023 7:06 am

Thanks, Patrick.

For my reference, the text of error message 1223 is "The organ definition file named ... couldn't be loaded to query its version, while attempting to install the component packages ....".

For good measure, on Windows 10 with the latest version of iLok License Manager installed, I've tried re-downloading the MDA MasterWorks Skinner files ( https://www.hauptwerk.com/wp-content/up ... nloads.pdf ), and installing them in Hauptwerk v5.0.1, with no sample set licences present except for the one for that particular sample set, and it installed properly for me. (I don't have a 2015 Mac laptop here to try it on.)

Please try:

- Exit Hauptwerk if it's running.

- Temporarily disconnect the iLok dongle.

- Download and re-install the latest version of iLok License Manager for good measure: https://ilok.com/#!home

- Reboot (but don't launch Hauptwerk yet).

- Make sure that the laptop has mains power connected.

- Attach the iLok dongle that contains your Hauptwerk licences to a USB port directly on your MacBook Pro (not via a USB hub, to try to eliminate any issues with compatibility or insufficient USB power). Make sure that no other dongles are attached, for good measure. (I see that you have two iLok dongles registered to your iLok account, for example.)

- Launch iLok License Manager, log in, highlight the node for your iLok dongle in the bottom-left-hand pane, and check that it shows that it (still) contains the licence for the MasterWorks Skinner (in the right-hand pane).

- Launch Hauptwerk.

- On "Help | About Hauptwerk" make sure that it says that you're running Hauptwerk v5.0.1 (which was the final v5 version -- not v5.0.0).

- Check that the MD5 checksum of the "MtCarmelMasterWorksEMSkinner_01.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar" file is exactly as shown in the list below:

MtCarmelMasterWorksEMSkinner_01.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
Size: 2,941,547,706 bytes
MD5 checksum: 563d5e754f40f663d8917a51c3373913

MtCarmelMasterWorksEMSkinner_02.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
Size: 2,359,383,432 bytes
MD5 checksum: 27d8f00688e62ff6e505299ac7b112e6

For example, if the file is in your Downloads folder, you could launch "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app" and type something like:
Code: Select all
md5 Desktop/*Skinner*

Can you then install the file successfully in Hauptwerk?

If not, please use "Help | Create a diagnostic file" and send the resulting file to Francois via a support ticket ( https://www.hauptwerk.com/submit-ticket/ ) and mention this forum topic for background information. (I think you need to be logged into your account on the Hauptwerk on-line shop to be able to create a ticket.)
Best regards, Martin.

Patrick

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 4:45 pm

Martin - I will follow all the steps that you listed in your last post and do as you recommend. In the meantime, however, I did discover that we are running Hauptwerk 5.00. Could that be the problem? If so, if there a way to upgrade to 5.01? Thank you for your help! Peace, Patrick

mdyde

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 4:44 am

Thanks, Patrick.

Possibly, but, either way, If you're using v5.0.0 then you definitely do need to update to v5.0.1 or above -- there were a lot of important v5 fixes in v5.0.1, including some that could affect stability.

If you create a support ticket ( https://www.hauptwerk.com/submit-ticket/ ), mentioning that you have a licence for v5 and would like a download for v5.0.1 then I think Francois would be able to arrange that for you. (I believe you need to be logged into your account on the Hauptwerk on-line shop to be able to create a ticket.)

(Upgrading to v7 would of course also resolve everything that was in v5.0.1 did, as well as including many improvements.)
Best regards, Martin.

mdyde

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 7:23 am

P.S. Since it might resolve it, please try upgrading to v5.0.1+ before trying the other things I mentioned.
Best regards, Martin.

Patrick

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 4:59 pm

Hello once again, Martin - I have purchased and installed the upgrade from v5 to v7. Unfortunately, after installation I get this error message: "Fatal Error - Hauptwerk Advanced Edition V7 could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software. Error details: Could not find a folder in the bundle that contains the activation experience resources." Your help is much appreciated. - Patrick

Patrick

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 5:18 pm

My apologies, Martin - my problem was that I had not properly activated my iLok before starting up HW. After that, version 7 now runs properly on our M1 MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, it no longer runs on our 2015 MacBook. Just an update. Thank you for all your information and help. Peace, Patrick

mdyde

PostSat Feb 04, 2023 4:57 am

Thanks very much, Patrick.

Patrick wrote: Unfortunately, it no longer runs on our 2015 MacBook

It should. It runs very well for me on a 2011 MacBook Pro (with macOS 10.13.6), for example.

Please try:

- Make sure that all available macOS updates are installed on it.

- Try downloading and (re-)installing the current version of iLok License Manager on it: https://ilok.com/

- Make sure that you iLok dongle is attached to it before launching Hauptwerk (or make sure that you iLok Cloud session is closed on your other computer, and open on that computer, if you use iLok Cloud instead of a dongle).

Does that solve it? If not, what's the problem that you're having with it?
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support