It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 am

modifying one or two stops in evensong sampling

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

John Oss

modifying one or two stops in evensong sampling

PostFri Jan 20, 2023 3:29 pm

I would appreciate anyone's advice on how to modify my Evensong organ sampling with one or two flute stops which have sort of a buzzy distortion on most all of the 61 notes. The funny thing is that all the other stops on all divisions sound very realistic with no problem, and only a couple of flute stops on the swell division have this issue. Since I am not using all of the available stops, I would like to know if it is possible to modify the program so that could move other flute stops from another division to the swell while also making them work with the swell expression pedal and swell tremulant, etc. I am fully willing to pay for someone to do this, if it would be beyond my capabilities. Thanks for any direction that can be given.
John

mnailor

Re: modifying one or two stops in evensong sampling

PostFri Jan 20, 2023 4:41 pm

The main way for users to modify or extend a sampleset is using the CODM facility, but the producer has to allow that in their licensing. Many samplesets don't allow it. You could ask Evensong.

larason2

PostFri Jan 20, 2023 5:16 pm

If you have the advanced version, you should be able to adjust how the two ranks sound using voicing. What organ is it, and what ranks are bothering you? It could also be the reproduction of the audio on your system. Is it present both in headphones and on your speakers?

John Oss

PostFri Jan 20, 2023 8:32 pm

Thanks both very much for both replies. The sample set from Evensong is the Aeolian Skinner organ from Pasadena. The distortion is noticeable on the headphones as well as from the audio system. If either of you (or someone else) might have any idea who I might contact to hire someone to use the CODM facility and switch out two or three stops for others, I would appreciate it. If it would be easier to just add two or three stops from other samplings, it wouldn't make any difference to me. I am quite sure that we are talking about something way above my "pay grade", hahaha. I am a church organist, and definitely not a computer programmer.
John

larason2

PostFri Jan 20, 2023 11:27 pm

One thing it could be is disagreement between one perspective and the other. Does it still happen if you have only one perspective on? If so, you could just adjust the tuning of the perspective that's a bit off. I don't have Pasadena, but it looks like a good organ.

mdyde

PostSat Jan 21, 2023 4:48 am

Hello John,

Jake (forum user subbas32) offers custom organ definition programming services to Hauptwerk users:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20485&hilit=jake

You could perhaps try contacting him.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

PostSat Jan 21, 2023 10:28 am

If you think the stops on the real organ don't sound like what you hear in the samples, you really should contact Evensong about it. If there's actually a sample issue, they are very good about releasing fixes.

Pasadena only has one perspective.

Return to Technical support