It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:40 am

License update request

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

TSday

License update request

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 1:05 pm

Hi, we need to update a license for an existing sample set we are installing on a new computer. We have the new sample set, but it won’t install on V7. There used to be a license update request form. Do I have to transfer the existing license from our current version, or can I get a new license for the new sample set for the new installation? Possible to keep the old system working till the new one is up and running?
Thanks
Thom

mdyde

Re: License update request

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 2:09 pm

Hello Thom,

[For my reference, a previous topic of yours had some background details on your systems: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20700 .]

To be able to install a licensed sample set in Hauptwerk v5+ you need to have an activated iLok licence for that sample set visible to that computer, i.e. the iLok licence for the sample set either needs to have been activated to:

1. An iLok dongle which is attached to the computer, or:

2. iLok Cloud, in which case you need to have your iLok Cloud session open on that computer. (Note that sample set licences only allow one computer to be using them at a time via iLok Cloud.)

Also, you need to install the v5+ compatible version of the sample set, not a v2/v3/v4 version. Pre-v5 licensed (encrypted) sample sets can't be installed in v5. If you haven't yet downloaded the v5+ compatible version of the sample set then do that first, checking with its maker if needed, Downloads for the v5+ versions of MDA and Paramount sample sets can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17988

Do those things solve it? If not, are you referring to a v4-format sample set? To use your v4 dongle-licensed sample sets in v5+ you need to migrate the contents of the v4 dongle to the iLok system. (Once that's done, you won't be able to use the v4 dongle any more.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

TSday

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 3:36 pm

Ok thanks. I knew that, about how long will a license update request take?I have the new versions of the Jensen samples and need to install them on the new version 7 computer.
Thanks.

mdyde

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 4:15 am

Thanks, Thom.

I assume you're referring to migrating sample sets from a v4 dongle to the v5+ iLok system. In that case, there's usually an automated form for it on MDA's website, but I understand that it isn't working at the moment (MDA's Web programmer is working to on it), so Francois may need to process the migration request manually (which involves a certain amount of work/time). He's very prompt and helpful, and he'd normally have it done within 24 hours, although it might occasionally take a bit longer, e.g. over weekends. If there's a specific day/time that you'd need it to be done urgently (e.g. if you need to do it during a visit to a remote site) then I could check with Francois whether he'd be available for it at that time.

Note also that (unless you purchased the v4->v5+ upgrade during the year after v5 was released, when licence migrations were free) you need first to have purchased this item from MDA's shop in order to be able to migrate a v4 dongle's sample set licences to v5+: https://www.hauptwerk.com/hauptwerk-license-migration/
Best regards, Martin.

TSday

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 2:59 pm

Attempting log into purchase the License upgrade file, I get the notice that there is a problem with access. I did this a couple of days ago, and got the message that it hadn't completed, so the above response is what came back when trying to complete the purchase. Also when trying to install the licensing packages, the 'file install' menu doesn't seem to want to allow that to happen.
All of this needs to be done before I can migrate the V4 license to V7.
I will also check the ilk license manager to make sure that the Hauptwerk license itself is installed, tho Hauptwerk itself does come up when the computer starts.
Thanks
Thom

mdyde

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 3:58 am

Hello Thom,

Francois is going to get back to you later today. (He also mentioned that the main Hauptwerk website was down for a while yesterday.)
Best regards, Martin.

micdev

Site Admin

PostSun Apr 02, 2023 9:39 am

Good morning Thom,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, some problems (as you saw) with the website were preventing me to access information.

To do to migrate your licenses from your Hw4 dongle to iLOK:

You should now be able to access our store. Please order the Hauptwerk License migration package. If you still can't buy it , let me know at support [at] hauptwerk.com

- Before starting Hauptwerk 7, make sure that your HW4 dongle is connected to the computer and the little light is ON. If the light if off or you are connecting the dongle to a new computer where Hauptwerk 4 was never installed, contact me at support [at] Hauptwerk.com

- Start Hauptwerk 7

- Click File | Initiate migration...

- Follow the instruction but DO NOT click the link provided in the pop-up window

- A file will be created/deposited on the desktop. Send me that file at support [at] Hauptwerk.com with your order number for the License migration package and your ilok userid .

I will take care of the migration to your ilok account and forward you the links needed to download the HW5/6/7 installation files for your MDA encrypted organs. For sample sets from other makers, visit their websites or contact them.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

TSday

PostMon Apr 03, 2023 11:15 am

Hi Francois
Thanks, I will send that info later today. Computer is a 2023 mac mini m2 running Ventura 13.
I have v7 loaded and it comes up ok. I also have the Jensen 3-35 sample sets.
Thanks
Thom.

TSday

PostWed Apr 05, 2023 10:52 am

Francois:
Just in case you didn’t get the information, the computer is a 2023 mac mini running Ventura 13. I have version 7 loaded, the new ilok dongle is installed, and Hauptwerk comes up ok. This has never had version 4 installed.
Thanks. Thom.

TSday

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 12:07 am

Francois:
The migration file order number is [removed by admin], and the iLok user ID is [removed by admin]. The iLok serial number is [removed by admin].
I hope this will help. I am not able to download the file itself. The download says 'file not found, go to shop'.
Thanks,
Thom ([removed by admin])

mdyde

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 3:50 am

Hello Thom,

I've emailed Francois the details you posted and deleted them from your post for good measure (in case spammers or hackers were to get hold of them). It's probably best and quickest just to email Francois directly (support [at] hauptwerk.com ) if you need to give him more information, or anything else regarding this particular topic.
Best regards, Martin.

TSday

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 9:16 am

Martin
Thanks for the reply. I have sent Francois all the info I sent to the list. Waiting to hear back.
Thanks
Thom.

mdyde

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 9:20 am

Thanks, Thom.
Best regards, Martin.

TSday

PostSun Apr 09, 2023 10:50 pm

Finally got the licenses transferred. Installed the latest version of sample set, and now just need to work thru the audio setup. One question, is it normal for the new sample set to copy the old setups? I have not done a backup from the old computer yet.
Thanks.
Thom.

mdyde

PostMon Apr 10, 2023 4:18 am

Hello Thom,

TSday wrote:One question, is it normal for the new sample set to copy the old setups? I have not done a backup from the old computer yet.

Could you clarify what you're referring to? For example, do you mean audio mixer settings? If so, the settings on the following two screens:

- "General settings | Audio mixer", and:
- "General settings | Audio mixer bus groups"

... aren't organ-specific (they're on the "General settings" menu, not the "Organ settings menu"), but within expandable nodes in the left-hand browse lists on those screens there are 128 'mixer presets' (which are complete independent sets of settings), and you can choose which of those 128 any given organ uses via the mixer preset setting on the "Audio Mixer, Routing and Voicing/Panning Settings" large control panel ("View | Large floating control panels ...").
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support