It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:39 am

cannot change presets

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Kayeisha

cannot change presets

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 9:28 pm

Hello all,
I have installed on my system the WurLitzer 341 which I purchased in 2010 and has worked perfectly until last week. n After booting up I cannot adjust the existing presets either manually or by the auto set up wizard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!.
Kayeisha

mdyde

Re: cannot change presets

PostMon Apr 17, 2023 3:51 am

Hello Kayeisha,

Welcome to the forum.

Please first try shutting the computer down, removing the mains power to all of your hardware (including the computer, MIDI interfaces, MIDI console, etc.), waiting at least 30 seconds, then turning it all back on again and rebooting. If that doesn't solve it:

You mentioned 'auto set up wizard'. Are you referring to auto-detecting MIDI settings for those virtual pistons? Or storing new/different registrations to them using the setter? If the latter, does using just the mouse (not MIDI pistons/stops) to click on stops, click on the setter, and then click on the desired virtual combination piston, allow the new registration to be stored successfully to the combination?

Also, are you referring to the numbered virtual pistons that underneath the divisions' virtual stop tabs on the Paramount 341's "Ped/Accomp tabs" and "Great/Solo Tabs" virtual console display pages?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Kayeisha

PostTue Apr 18, 2023 2:34 am

Hi Martin thanks for the response!
I Have shut down and rebooted many times and this has not resolved the issue.
I am referring to the auto detect midi settings and also have tried setting them manually..
All the numbered pistons Pedal, accomp and solo tabs.
I can select my previous stored settings but cannot change them or alter them.
Regards Kayeisha .

mdyde

PostTue Apr 18, 2023 4:05 am

Hello Kayeisha,

Thanks for the update.

Please try:

- Load the Paramount 341 organ, if it isn't already loaded and select its "Great/Solo Tabs" virtual console display page.

- Temporarily turn on the "General settings | General preferences | Advanced preferences | Diagnostics: log all MIDI messages received and sent" option in Hauptwerk and OK the screen.

- Right-click on one of the numbered Great divisional virtual pistons and select the "Auto-detect MIDI ..." menu option.

- Without touching anything else (so that we can tell apart the relevant messages that get logged), press, then release, your MIDI piston.

- Without touching anything else, and assuming that the 'Done' button doesn't become enabled, click the 'Cancel' button.

- Still without touching anything else, use "Help | Create a diagnostic file ..." from the main menu.

- [You can now turn MIDI logging off again, e.g. via the "General settings | General preferences | Advanced preferences | Diagnostics: log all MIDI messages received and sent" option.]

- Email the resulting file to Francois at support [at] hauptwerk.com with a note mentioning this forum topic so that he knows what it's referring to. [Usually submitting a support ticket would be needed, but MDA's website is currently being
worked upon and that part doesn't seem to be working at the moment.]

The diagnostic file should then allow him to see what MIDI messages your MIDI console sent (if any) when you tried to auto-detect the MIDI piston, and thus hopefully why Hauptwerk was unable to auto-detect it.
Best regards, Martin.

Kayeisha

PostWed Apr 19, 2023 1:30 am

Hi Martin,
I have tried shutting down and disconnecting everything but the fault still exists..I cannot change the voices on the presets they revert to the original settings.
I tried to do what you suggested however when I got to the General settings the console disappeared from the screen so I continued with General and Advanced preferences and Diagnostics log however I could not click on the Great div. pistons as requested because as mentioned the screen was blank except for a drop down box box saying that diagnostic was running and not to leave it running.as it would affect the performance so I closed it..During this time the screen did not display the console.
Whilst trying different options yesterday I did manage to get another diagnostic screen up but cannot remember how I got it
I have got MidiOx could that help?
I should have mentioned that the computer operating system is not connected to the internet only when I downloaded the original software and did an upgrade many years ago.
Regards K

Kayeisha

PostWed Apr 19, 2023 2:42 am

Hi Martin.
I ran the midi ox program whilst pressing the lower manual presets on the keyboards and each preset was a range of pianos from electric to honky tonk, grand etc;never seen before.When the presets on the keyboards were operated by the mouse nothing registered on MidiOx although the presets changed.
Another problem recently encountered is that some tabs will not operate by touch but ok with the mouse.
So I went through the touch screen options ,cleaned screen, calibrated etc but diagnostic said fault although when I run the touch screen diagnostic in windows it says all is ok
Regards,
K

mdyde

PostWed Apr 19, 2023 3:58 am

Hello Kayeisha,

Kayeisha wrote:I tried to do what you suggested however when I got to the General settings the console disappeared from the screen so I continued with General and Advanced preferences and Diagnostics log however I could not click on the Great div. pistons as requested because as mentioned the screen was blank except for a drop down box box saying that diagnostic was running and not to leave it running.as it would affect the performance so I closed it..During this time the screen did not display the console.

Yes -- it's normal and expected that the virtual console will disappear temporarily whilst one of the preference screens is open (when audio/MIDI isn't running). You need to OK the preference screen, and then simply acknowledge the warning about poor performance due to MIDI logging, and then the virtual console screen will appear again so that you can try the auto-detection.

Here are screenshots showing the exact steps to do:

- Exit MIDI-OX if it's running.

- Load the Paramount 341 organ, if it isn't already loaded and select its "Great/Solo Tabs" virtual console display page.

- Select "General settings | General preferences" from the main menu:

Kayeisha01.jpg

- Click its "Advanced preferences" tab, and make sure that the "Diagnostics: log all MIDI messages received and sent" option is ticked:

Kayeisha02.jpg

- Now click the screen's OK button:

Kayeisha03.jpg

- After a few moments the following performance warning will appear. Simply acknowledge it, by clicking the "Keep logging MIDI" button:

Kayeisha04.jpg

- Right-click on one of the numbered Great divisional virtual pistons and select the "Auto-detect MIDI ..." menu option. (My screenshot instead shows a different piston, but the process is the same):

Kayeisha05.jpg

- An auto-detection screen similar to the following should appear. Without touching anything else (so that we can tell apart the relevant messages that get logged), press, then release, your MIDI piston.

- Without touching anything else, and assuming that the 'Done' button doesn't become enabled, click the 'Cancel' button:

Kayeisha06.jpg

- Still without touching anything else, use "Help | Create a diagnostic file ..." from the main menu:

Kayeisha07.jpg

- [You can now turn MIDI logging off again, e.g. via the "General settings | General preferences | Advanced preferences | Diagnostics: log all MIDI messages received and sent" option.]

- Email the resulting file to Francois at support [at] hauptwerk.com with a note mentioning this forum topic so that he knows what it's referring to. [Usually submitting a support ticket would be needed, but MDA's website is currently being
worked upon and that part doesn't seem to be working at the moment.]

The diagnostic file should then allow him to see what MIDI messages your MIDI console sent when you tried to auto-detect the MIDI piston, and thus hopefully why Hauptwerk was unable to auto-detect it.

Kayeisha wrote:Another problem recently encountered is that some tabs will not operate by touch but ok with the mouse.
So I went through the touch screen options ,cleaned screen, calibrated etc but diagnostic said fault although when I run the touch screen diagnostic in windows it says all is ok

That would be a problem somewhere in the touch-screen hardware or (more likely) its driver or calibration. I can't help you with that, I'm afraid, but if you mention its make and model then perhaps some other user of that make/model on this forum might have some tips. Failing that, you could try contacting its maker for support, or searching the Internet for similar issues with the make/model.
Best regards, Martin.

Kayeisha

PostWed Apr 19, 2023 11:31 pm

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the instructions!
Diagnostic sent to Francois
Kayeisha
(Kevin )

mdyde

PostThu Apr 20, 2023 3:35 am

Thanks, Kevin.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support