It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:04 am

Cubase 12

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

PianoGuru

Cubase 12

PostMon May 22, 2023 7:51 pm

Hauptwerk vst link works fine with Cubase 11, but Cubase 12 cannot find the plug-in, even though it’s in the correct folder. I’ve reinstalled as well as had Cubase rescan, but it still doesn’t show up. Any ideas?

randallschmid

Re: Cubase 12

PostTue May 23, 2023 6:33 am

Under Studio->VST Plugin manager:

1. Verify hauptwerkvstlink-64bit.dll exists in one of the directories in Cubase's search path.
2. Check the blocklist tab to make sure it is not listed there. Valid vsts can appear there if they time out when being scanned or fail security (i.e. iLok not running).

hauptwerkvstline-64bit.dll should appear on either the Instruments or the Blocklist tab if it is in a search path. You can always copy it into an existing folder already in the search path.

PianoGuru

PostTue May 23, 2023 6:56 pm

Thank-you for your reply and suggestions. Unfortunately, it does not show up under the blocklist or VST instruments, and yet, it is in the correct folder. Cubase 12 just doesn't see it, and yet Cubase 11 does.

randallschmid

PostThu May 25, 2023 6:09 am

What is your definition of the "correct location"? Have you verified that directory only contains vst2 plugins?

mdyde

PostSat May 27, 2023 7:04 am

Hello PianoGuru,

To add to Randall's replies: I don't have Cubase 12 installed myself at the moment, but I'd suggest:

- Exit Cubase if it's running.

- Delete any copies of the Hauptwerk VST Link DLLs that you might have made (so as to make certain that there aren't multiple copies of the DLLs in Cubase's search path, and so that Hauptwerk's installer can upgrade them whenever you run it in the future).

- Launch Cubase with an empty project (in case it's trying to load multiple instances of the plug-in due to an existing project that uses it already being loaded). [The Hauptwerk AU/VST plug-in links only allow a single instance to be loaded, so one needs to make certain that the host isn't trying to load two instances, even temporarily.]

- Add the following folder to Cubase's VST2 plug-ins search path.

"C:\Program Files\Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organ VST Link Plug-In"

- Then use Cubase's function to re-scan for VST plug-ins.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

randallschmid

PostSat May 27, 2023 10:29 am

I did some experimenting today. I did find some "undocumented features" in Cubase's scanning system. I am on Cubase 12.0.60 in Win 10, HW 5.

On my system, I had installed HauptwerkVSTLink-64bit.dll in c:\Program Files\VSTplugins. I'll refer HauptwerkVSTLink-64bit.dll as "the dll" going forward.

Here is what I did:

1. Cut and paste the dll from VSTPlugins to the desktop. Rescan all VSTs. was still displayed on the list of instruments. Creating a new track did not return an error, but the rack displayed no vst instrument.

2. Copied the dll back to VSTPlugins. Creating a new track worked perfectly.

3. Deleted the dll from VSTPlugins , added c:\program files\Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organ VST Link Plug-In to the VST2 search path and rescanned. CB found the dll in Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organ VST Link Plug-In and creating a new track worked perfectly.

4. Renamed the Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organ VST Link Plug-In folder and rescanned. CB did not remove the entry from the instrument list. Creating a new track failed.

5. Copied the dll back to VSTPlugins and rescanned. CB still shows the dll in HW's delivered path. Creating a new track failed.

6. Renamed CB's XML blacklist file, which I had read will force CB to perform a full scan and recreate the blacklist file. Restarted CB, and the dll was correctly found in VSTPlugins and creating a new track worked perfectly. I read about the blacklist in web page " https://process.audio/support/cubase-my ... showing-up".

I would suggest that you try copying the dll to a VST directory that already is being used for VST2 or creating a new directory for that purpose, or removing the blacklist file as described in the above web page. I suspect CB's rescan function has optimization that doesn't perform a full rescan, but rather only processes what it thinks is necessary.

If this works and you think you might upgrade HW in the future, the manual suggests you use HW's installer to move the dll since that will update HWs XML file containing the dll's location.

Return to Technical support