It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:27 am

Audio Glitches in Windows 11 HW 7

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

mnailor

Re: Audio Glitches in Windows 11 HW 7

PostThu Oct 05, 2023 10:23 am

Not really "secret", unless "secret" means "recommended in the official documentation". :D

Running Hauptwerk in realtime priority as Administrator has been stated in the Windows Performance Tuning recommendations list for a long time. Everyone using Windows for Hauptwerk should be doing those things already.

This is in the Hauptwerk Installation and User Guide that installs with the software: Page 321 in HW 8, page 309 in HW 7, page 275 in HW 6. (I didn't keep the 5 and 4 user guides.)

Sorry if that's a bit too blunt!

magnaton

PostSun Oct 08, 2023 1:28 am

Yes, fairly blunt and I refer to the documentation frequently. I'll edit my post a bit so I don't sound so foolish.

johnstump_organist

PostMon Oct 23, 2023 3:28 pm

Time for an update.
Thanks to all for your hints (I don't have an Nvidia graphics card, so that wasn't the problem.)
I did a clean install of WIndows 11 that got rid of a lot of the bloat ware from Dell and that cleaned up the ACPI interrupts.
Make sure you do a disk clean up after this, Windows will eat up a large chunk of your hard drive saving the previous installation of windows, as I found out when I could only install two organs before receiving and "Out of Disk Space" warning.
Latency Monitor still says I have problems with the wdf0100.sys, but I have followed Martin's advice and run HW in Admin mode to run in Real time mode. I used Task Scheduler to make this happen every time I power up the computer.
Having done that, I have not had any glitches in several hours of practicing.
John
Last edited by johnstump_organist on Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnstump_organist

PostMon Oct 23, 2023 3:41 pm

magnaton wrote:Yes, fairly blunt and I refer to the documentation frequently. I'll edit my post a bit so I don't sound so foolish.

I had also missed it. My problem is that I'm reading the manual on my phone, a tablet or another window on the same computer where I'm working on HW, and somehow I'm never as good a reader on a screen as I am from hardcopy.
I can't tell you how many times I've proofed and re-proofed on the computer screen, only to have mistakes jump out at me as soon as I print. This happens both in prose and music.
I did run HW from a windows laptop without being in real time mode at the church I was playing for once, and never had a problem with glitches, my home setup for my first 14 years of HW was on a MacPro, so the whole business of solving audio-glitches was new to me.
But all is well that ends well, I'm now glitch free.
John
Previous

Return to Technical support