It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 11:38 pm

Two touch screen

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

PASSAGEZ

Two touch screen

PostSat Sep 02, 2023 12:32 pm

Hello to everybody,

Using HW7 I have for my organ two screens each equipped with a touch screen. Using St Etienne de Caen sampleset, I'm able to display the left jamb and right jamb on this two screens. I use console 2 option. But unfortunately only the first screen is driving HW7 with its touch screen. It seems the touch screen of the second display is working in parallel with the first screen, in others terms I can drive the first display by the second touchscreen. Is there something missing in my display configuration ? Thanks for your help.

Bernard

Andrew Grahame

Re: Two touch screen

PostSat Sep 02, 2023 8:02 pm

I've got the same problem, having recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. So far I've not found a solution.

MeOulSegosha

PostSun Sep 03, 2023 3:19 am

This seems to happen to me if my 2nd screen is on too early in the boot process. In my case simply turning off the offending screen and turning it back on again fixes the problem, but that didn't work for others here. Can you leave the second screen turned off while you boot?

organplayer

PostMon Sep 04, 2023 2:57 am

I have had this problem for several years with Windows 10. It seems to me that Windows does not support the simultaneous independent operation of 2 touch screens. My observation is that it has something to do with the focus which not automatically switch to the other screen when I touch it. I would of course also be interested in a solution.

PASSAGEZ

PostMon Sep 04, 2023 4:14 am

Many thanks to all for trying to understand the problem

MeOulSegosha, unfortunately boot with the second display OFF and switch ON later doesn't change the problem.

I don't understand Hauptwerk have no solution apparently as they make Ad for multiple screens which often are used with touch screen ???

mdyde

PostMon Sep 04, 2023 5:15 am

Hello Bernard,

The problem isn't within Hauptwerk -- it's that you touch-screen's driver or its Windows configuration aren't recognising/treating your second touch-screen's touch functionality as separate from that of your first touch-screen. Even if Hauptwerk wasn't running at all, and you tried using the second touch-screen to click on your Windows desktop (or on other windows that are positioned on your second monitor) you would find that the problem would be the same.

If none of the suggestions that other people have made in this thread help, try contacting the makers of the touch-screen for support. They should be in a position to advise on whether their driver is designed to support more that one touch-screen, and how to configure it properly if so.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

PASSAGEZ

PostMon Sep 04, 2023 5:38 am

Hello Martin, Yes I confirm the problem is not in Hauptwerk but for user trying the multiple console it could be to have a solution. And I found ONE !!!!

Looking desperately at Internet I found this : https://answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/win ... e94198fed8 and that works fine for me !!! This solution is coming from Microsoft.

As it is in French I just explain a little bit. You have to create a shortcut on your desk with %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E} inside. If you click on a small menu appears names "Tablet PC" and you can configure your both touch screen. After that the both screen are independant in term of touch screen but still in "etendu" mode (sorry I don't know the translation). In Hauptwerk using the console 2 for the secondary touchscreen display, all interaction are now dedicated to each screen. So for my St Etienne de Caen sampleset I have now jamb left and right working independently on each monitor.

I don't know why this 'Tablet PC" very useful menu doesn't appear in the native Windows command ???

Hope that solve this problem

Kind regards and thanks to everybody

mdyde

PostMon Sep 04, 2023 6:13 am

Thanks very much, Bernard. Glad to hear you managed to find a solution.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

RichardW

PostSat Oct 14, 2023 10:50 am

I went into panic mode having acquired two touchscreens for my new PC when I discovered that the touch system did not work in Windows 11. However, I did manage to get it working but I am not entirely sure how!

"Tablet Mode" is definitely the key. You used to be able to turn it on and off in Windows 10 Settings but these days Microsoft has decided it would be more helpful if it did so automatically. Now, tablets running Windows 11 will automatically go into Tablet Mode if they are touch-enabled and have no keyboard attached.

There are a few "fixes" described along these lines on the Internet.

I will make a note of the above solution in case mine decides to stop working.

Thank you,

EDIT: OK, my laptop does not have a touchscreen and I can find no touchscreen options in there under Windows 11 22H1. However, my new Hauptwerk desktop PC does have touchscreens and it is running Windows 11 22H2. If I go into the old Control Panel, there are both "Pen and Touch" and "Tablet PC Settings" options.
Richard

Return to Technical support