It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:40 am

Licensing Package Update?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Hartley Mays

Licensing Package Update?

PostMon Oct 23, 2023 12:44 pm

Hello!

I'm in the process of upgrading from HW 7 to 8. I have 8 up and running, and can load the organs I've previously installed with no problem. I'm now getting ready to install new organs I purchased during the recent and much appreciated Inspired Acoustics sale. I'm trying to figure out whether I need to (re)purchase the Licensing Packages file,

My upgrade history is that I upgraded from 4 to 6 in November, 21 and purchased the licensing package then. I upgraded the older licenses on existing sample sets, and everything worked. I then upgraded from 6 to 7 in February, 2022 but didn't upgrade the package, and again ran with no problems. So I'm now at that same point with 8, but now have the new organs to install. The documentation seems to indicate you always need to get the most current, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least so long as you're not installing new sample sets?

Thanks,
Hartley Mays
Hartley Mays

mnailor

Re: Licensing Package Update?

PostMon Oct 23, 2023 12:52 pm

https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/

It's free. You need it for new licensed samplesets. The file gets updated for new samplesets.

mdyde

PostMon Oct 23, 2023 1:12 pm

Hello Hartley,

To confirm and add to Mark's reply, you don't need to purchase anything additional. (I think you were recalling the v4 sample set license migration item that needed to be purchased when upgrading from v4 in order to migrate the licences from your v4 dongle into the iLok system. You don't need to buy that again, since all of your v4 licences would have migrated to v5+ when you purchased it previously.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Hartley Mays

Got It, Better 8 than Ever

PostTue Oct 24, 2023 3:54 pm

OK, Thanks for the clarifications and quick response.

I got it downloaded from the above link, and completed getting everything, including the new sample sets, up and running. The only minor problem was that the download didn't start automatically (Windows 11, Google Chrome browser). As instructed, I used the "save target as" context option. That did the download, but failed to rename it after completion, leaving it as unconfirmed.....crdownload. So I manually renamed it to the correct name and proceeded from there.

Part of my confusion on the original problem was that I was trying to download it from the product/sales page after downloading the HW 8 executable, and I got a message there "file not found - go to shop". I wasn't aware of the other link to the licensing packages from the support dropdown.

Later,
Hartley
Hartley Mays

mdyde

PostWed Oct 25, 2023 2:21 am

Thanks, Hartley. Excellent; glad to hear it's all up and running now. Thanks very much also for upgrading to v8, and hope you enjoy the new version.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support