It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 pm

MIDIMAN interface NOT found!

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

biogons

MIDIMAN interface NOT found!

PostThu Dec 07, 2023 7:11 am

Yesterday I encountered a problem with my HW 4 when starting it, as it told me that it could not find my Midiman MIDI interface with which I have been working for 4 years. HW expected to find "5-MIDISPORT 4x4". Looking in the W7 device manager, "M-AUDIO MIDISPORT4x4" did appear and it worked correctly.
Using the second HW boot option for a temporarily disconnected device, and entering the general MIDI configuration, "MIDISPORT4x4" did appear.
I don't know why the name of the MIDI interface has been changed. This is forcing me to reconfigure all the MIDI control parameters (Keyboards, stops, sysex) of each organ because they have been initialized when using a "new" MIDI interface. Terrible!

mdyde

Re: MIDIMAN interface NOT found!

PostThu Dec 07, 2023 7:51 am

Hello Jose,

Occasionally some USB-MIDI drivers change the names of the devices they present, usually as a result of some change to the USB devices connected to the PC.

To help in that situation, Hauptwerk v6+ has the ability to remap MIDI settings from one device to another, so as to avoid the need for you to auto-detect your MIDI settings again. In case you want to upgrade to the current version of Hauptwerk, you would be able to use that feature to retain and remap your previous settings. To do that:

- Avoid resetting the settings (or changing the ticked MIDI ports) in v4 (or restore your settings from a recent backup if you have already done so).
- Upgrade to the current version of Hauptwerk (v8).
- When Hauptwerk v8 first launches it will prompt you about the 'missing' (renamed) MIDI device. Select the "Mark the missing device(s) as temporarily offline" option.
- Then on the MIDI Ports screen in Hauptwerk, within each of the rows that are ticked for the previous MIDI port names, move their ticks from their previous port names to the new names for the corresponding ports. E.g. within the row that's ticked in in the column for your MIDISPORT's MIDI IN port 1, move the tick from the 'offline' column to the 'new' (non-offline) corresponding MIDISPORT MIDI IN port 1 column, and do likewise for each of its other ports.
- Once done, OK the screen, and you should find that all of your existing settings work again via the newly-renamed ports.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

biogons

PostFri Dec 08, 2023 5:08 am

Thanks for the information, but before updating the HW 4 version I will try to locate and change the name in the Windows registry by following these steps:

https://youtu.be/aeNVdrA7nYM
https://youtu.be/KZ3Gw_u-Rl0

mdyde

PostFri Dec 08, 2023 6:08 am

Thanks, Jose.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support