It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Missing notes on Keyboard

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Missing notes on Keyboard

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 10:04 pm

Version VII.
Alt Config 1: On the Zwolle sample set C,C#,D,D# and E in each octave is missing on two ( Rugwerk and BovenPositiv) of the four keyboards. On the other three Alt Config ( 2 through 4) all the notes are present.
How do I fix this problem ?
Antoni Scott

mdyde

Re: Missing notes on Keyboard

PostSun Dec 17, 2023 5:11 am

Hello Antoni,

I think you must accidentally have configured those ranks in Alt Config 1 to route to an audio mixer bus group which contains at least one primary mixer bus for which no audio device channels are selected.

Am I right in recalling that for audio output from Hauptwerk you use solely a single stereo output (e.g. just a pair of headphones) anyway? If so, with that organ loaded within Alt Config 1 please first try:

- Select "Organ settings | Organ configuration wizard" from the main menu.

- It will give you a list of tick-boxes for resetting things. Untick all of them, except keep (solely) the "Reset rank routing ..." option ticked.

- Click Next, then Next again, then Finish to complete the wizard.

Does that solve it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Antoni Scott

PostSun Dec 17, 2023 7:26 am

Hello Martin:
Thank you for the update. Unfortunaely it did not fix the problem.
I can assure you that I did not inadvertently configure anything as that would have been beyond my understanding. Version VII upgrade was performed by the Hauptwerk Consultant since I would not have been able to do the upgrade myself.

The Hauptwerk icon, Alt Config 2 and 3 have all the notes working. The problem is only with Alt Config 1.
I followed your instructions (i.e. It will give you a list of tick-boxes for resetting things. Untick all of them, except keep (solely) the "Reset rank routing ..." option ticked.) but the missing notes are still present only on keyboard 1 ( bottom) and 3. Keyboards 2 and 4 are OK. The missing notes per octave are C,D,E,F#,G#,A#. What is strange is that on the Hauptwerk icon, Alt Config 2 and 3, all of the notes work.

After following your instrutions and unticking all the boxes (except Reset Rank Routing ) I took the opportunity to look again at that box and noticed that all the boxes were still ticked. I did it again and checked but all the boxes are still ticked. I checked the boxes on the default Hauptwerk Icon, and 2 and 3 and all the boxes are ticked.
Antoni

mdyde

PostSun Dec 17, 2023 7:41 am

Thanks, Antoni.

Am I right in recalling that for audio output from Hauptwerk you use solely a single stereo output (e.g. just a pair of headphones)?
Best regards, Martin.

Antoni Scott

PostSun Dec 17, 2023 11:08 am

Hello Martin:
Yes you are correct.When I upgraded to Version VII it required that I get a new computer. Since the old 8 channel Presonus could not be upgraded I opted for a two channel Focusrite. Today I just use a pair of headphones and a subwoofer.
The issue is not that much of a concern to me because the Hauptwerk icon, plus Alt Config 2 and 3 , all work properly. I was just baffled as to why Alt Config 1 had missing notes. Also, I didn't mention, that Alt Config 1, only has the the front stops loaded, not front and rear as with the other Alt Configs.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hauptwerk has given me immense pleasure over the years (2008 - present)

Antoni

mdyde

PostSun Dec 17, 2023 12:00 pm

Thanks very much, Antoni. A very merry Christmas and New Year to you as well.

Antoni Scott wrote:Yes you are correct.When I upgraded to Version VII it required that I get a new computer. Since the old 8 channel Presonus could not be upgraded I opted for a two channel Focusrite. Today I just use a pair of headphones and a subwoofer.

In that case, within Alt Config 1, please also:

- Select "General settings | General configuration wizard" from the main menu.

- Click Next to begin.

- It too will give you a list of tick-boxes for resetting things. Untick all of them, except keep (solely) the "Reset general audio routing settings ..." option ticked.

- Keep clicking the Next button, to move through each of the following wizard pages without changing anything on them, then click the Finish button on the final page. After Hauptwerk has made an automatic backup, the audio device screen will appear. Simply OK it without changing anything on it.

- Now load the Zwolle sample set (if it wasn't loaded already).

See whether you can hear its ranks properly. If you don't hear anything at all:

- Select "General settings | Audio mixer" from the main menu.

- On that screen, keeping the "Master mix 1 'Stereo mix 1 (main/recording)" entry highlighted (as it is by default, i.e. don't change the selected item in the left-hand list), in the right-hand pane click on the "Audio output device channel(s): Channel(s)" drop-down and select the stereo pair of channels that your headphones are connected to.

- Verify that you can now hear ranks as you play them. Assuming so, OK the screen without changing anything else on it.

Does that solve it?
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support