It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:24 pm

Notes suddenly dropped out from Caen set

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Geoff Lloyd

Notes suddenly dropped out from Caen set

PostSat Dec 23, 2023 11:10 am

Hi Martin, all,

After years and years of trouble free and wonderful Hauptwerk use - so it's years since I logged onto the Forum - I suddenly today have the weird problem of lots of (non surround) notes having disappeared from the Great manual on the Caen surround set. It seems to be every seven (white) notes that have disappeared, just on this manual, for all stops on that manual, and only (as far as I can tell) on that organ, and only on the front rather than surround speakers. So for example middle (C, D, E, F, G, A and B). I have tried reinstalling the organ but to no avail. These notes work fine on other organs (so it's not my keyboards or other connections at fault), and also on the other manuals for this organ. Any one else had this? Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Geoff Lloyd

Geoff Lloyd

Re: Notes suddenly dropped out from Caen set

PostSat Dec 23, 2023 11:31 am

Apologies, I was too quick to resort to the Forum (nice as that is). I opened another instance of Hauptwerk and opened the organ from there, and all was fine. I guess the particular Hauptwerk instance simply got corrupted. Sorry to have wasted time.

All best wishes to you Martin and to everyone for Christmas 2023!

Geoff Lloyd

mnailor

PostSat Dec 23, 2023 11:35 am

On the affected Great Front ranks, what Bus allocation algorithm is selected in Organ settings | Rank routing? Are these ranks routed to a different bus group, or with a different algorithm, than other ranks which are still working?

It could be that one speaker or its audio channel is silent, and those notes' louder sides (L/R) happen to be allocated to that speaker.

EDIT. Glad you found it!

mdyde

PostSat Dec 23, 2023 12:04 pm

Thanks, Geoff and Mark. A very good Christmas to you both (and everybody else) too.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support