It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:29 am

Direct migration to v8

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Cavaillé-Cool

Direct migration to v8

PostThu Dec 28, 2023 4:02 pm

Dear All,
I think that among hauptwerk users, someone surely has the solution. Thanks in advance.
I have hauptwerk v4 installed on my computer.
I purchased the perpetual updates v4 to v5, then v5 to v7 and lastly v7 to v8.
I have got the corresponding 3 activation codes and reedeem them on my ilok account.
My question is : can I upgrade to v8 directly, using tlhe last activation code from v7 to v8 ?
In the negative case, how to proceed ?

larason2

Re: Direct migration to v8

PostThu Dec 28, 2023 4:09 pm

I think you'll actually have to go through all four. When you put in the activation code, you must also surrender the original license before the new license is activated. The good news is it should only take a few minutes, and you'll have the V8 active on your iLok. However, you'll still have to install V8 and get it running, and migrate any sample sets on you V4 key. You may also need to migrate/surrender V4 using the menu option in Hauptwerk 8 to get a V4 license in your iLok account. So if you haven't done that, I'd do it first. MDA are usually on holidays this time, so it may take a while to get the migration done.

mdyde

PostThu Dec 28, 2023 4:30 pm

Hello Cavaillé-Cool,

Thanks very much for purchasing the upgrades.

You would need to:

- Make sure that latest version of iLok License Manager is installed ( https://www.ilok.com/ ) and that you're logged in within it.

- Make sure your iLok dongle (if you have one) is attached to the computer, or that your iLok Cloud session is open within iLok License Manager (if you use iLok Cloud instead of an iLok dongle).

- Make sure that driver for the v4 Hauptwerk USB Key is installed (if it isn't already):
------- Windows HASP run-time environment v8.15 GUI installer: https://supportportal.gemalto.com/csm/? ... =KB0018320
------- macOS HASP run-time environment v8.16 GUI installer: https://supportportal.gemalto.com/csm/? ... =KB0018323

- Make sure your v4 Hauptwerk USB Key is attached to the computer.

- In iLok License Manager, redeem and activate the v4->v5 activation code. That will activate a v5 licence.

- Then redeem and activate the v5->v7 activation code, selecting the v5 licence to 'surrender' when prompted. That will remove the v5 licence and exchange it for a a v7 licence.

- Then redeem and activate the v7->v8 activation code, selecting the v7 licence to 'surrender' when prompted. That will remove the v7 licence and exchange it for a a v8 licence.

- Install the Hauptwerk v8 software if you haven't already done so. There is no need to install v5, v6 or v7 first. (N.B. if you're using a Mac, you must also completely delete your v4 installation before installing v8, as covered in the 'upgrading' instructions in the main Hauptwerk user guide: https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/ )

- Launch v8, and it should launch in full licensed mode (since the v8 licence will be present).

- Use the option on the "File" menu in Hauptwerk v8 to migrate your v4 sample set licences to v5+. Send the resulting file to support[at]hauptwerk.zendesk.com . Francois (who handles that email) will then deposit licences for all of your v4 sample sets to your iLok account. (That might take a few days, due to Christmas holidays.) Activate the resulting licences to your iLok dongle or iLok Cloud (as applicable).

- Download and install the v5+ compatible versions of any encrypted sample sets that you may have. You can find the download links for MDA and Paramount sample sets here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17947

[Edit: P.S. I see larason2 and I replied at the same time. Thanks very much for helping, larason2.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Cavaillé-Cool

PostFri Dec 29, 2023 2:10 am

Many thanks to Martin Dyde and to Larason2 for their very fast answer.

mdyde

PostFri Dec 29, 2023 5:02 am

Thanks. You're very welcome. Hope you enjoy v8.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support