It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm

Cipheritis

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

murph

Re: Cipheritis

PostThu Jan 11, 2024 6:39 pm

mnailor wrote:I'd get a good, AC powered (not USB powered) MIDI interface then. I've had reliable service from my MOTU MIDI Express XT, for example.

I love the MIDI Express XT too! (Use the current firmware!!!!!!!!). The non-XT firmware has a bug that the XT used to have, in that it tends to crash every 6 months or so, expecting new firmware. The fix for the non-xt is to re-flash the firmware, even though it's the same, or just buy the XT, which has been fixed (thanks to big users like Riverdance, who threatened to sue over the crashes....) in the XT only, even though MOTU could have fixed both....

mdyde

PostFri Jan 12, 2024 4:22 am

Jeffrey Quick wrote:I think I've got it licked.
I'd identified the FastLane as the culprit but I wasn't nuts about spending $140 on a new box just yet. So I got a USB B to A cable and directly wired the Axiom into the computer, running the Roland (where I had no choice) through MIDI. I figured that if both keyboards weren't going into the FastLane they couldn't get mixed up in the FastLane. And so it was, per MIDI Monitor. I had to reboot HW for it to see the USB input, but it's working fine now.

Thanks to all of you who offered helpful breadcrumbs toward a solution.

Thanks, Jeffrey. Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Antoni Scott

PostSat Mar 30, 2024 1:22 pm

Not sure if my post is even relvant to your issue but I had two experiences, two years apart, and on two different keyboards (both 14 years old), where I had a cipher on one note after depressing the suspect key. Most, if not all, of the standard size digital keyboards use the same synthetic rubber contract strips and are very inexpensive compared to a new keyboard. They are available in single octave strips (C to B) plus one larger strip (C to C) for the top octave. They are easy to replace as long as you remember how they were originally oriented (important). Considering their age (14 years) and daily use, the number of keystrokes these strips encountered must have been staggering. To play it safe I purchsed the repair strips from Classic Midi in Canada that assured me that they would be a correct fit.
The worst part of th entire repair was removing the suspect keyboards since, of course ,they were on the bottom !!!

robsig

PostMon Apr 01, 2024 9:15 pm

Antoni, I also have midiworks keyboards, and the very occasional cipher caused (and fixed) via the rubber contacts.

When I finally got around to fixing the notes (very simple), I also switched the lower and the top keyboard. The problems were always on the lower keyboard, so after the repair I made the switch for extra security. Has worked fine ever since. Of course I didn't have pistons on the keyboards, that would have added challenges.

RS

PS My keyboards are 10-years old and doing fine.
Previous

Return to Technical support