It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 pm

Staccatissimo Cluster

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ludu

Staccatissimo Cluster

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

Hello,
Over the past few days, I've noticed a disturbing phenomenon. Sometimes a cluster occurs that encompasses all the notes in staccatissimo. I wonder whether this problem should be attributed to the console, the computer or Hauptwerk. Has anyone ever encountered this kind of incident?
Luc

mdyde

Re: Staccatissimo Cluster

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 am

Hello Luc,

Do you mean that the virtual keys on the screen are sticking on (and thus that their pipes are doing likewise)?

If so, can you reproduce the problem using the St. Anne's sample set? (Some sample sets have logic within their organ definitions that implement key delays and similar things, but no MDA sample sets do. Also, the St. Anne's sample set is small, so will fit easily within the computer's RAM.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am

Is the sound the current registration played in a short burst of many notes (like smacking your arm on the keys quickly), or is it some sort of static or clipping noise?

When you say the cluster "encompasses all the notes", do you mean all 61 notes or all the notes you are currently striking, holding, or releasing? Does it happen when you're not playing anything?

ludu

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Thank you for your answers. I may have misspoken. When I'm playing, I sometimes suddenly hear a big cluster actuating all the notes for a fraction of a second. After this incident, I can continue playing normally.
Luc

mnailor

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

I wonder if there are MIDI messages logged for the event, like a large number of note on followed by note off? With HW MIDI logging temporarily enabled, or a MIDI monitor app running.

ludu

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am

Here are a few details.
- It's impossible to determine the number of notes in the cluster you hear, because it's so brief. That's why I use the term "Staccatissimo".
- During this brief moment, it's always the tutti of the instrument that I hear, not the current registration.
- No program other than Hauptwerk is running at this moment.
- I play with a Noorlander console, which has always given me numerous technical problems. Could this be due to the console's internal Midi system?
Luc

mdyde

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 am

Thanks, Luc.

Please first try:

- Shut everything down and fully removing mains power from everything (including the computer, the MIDI console, and all USB and MIDI devices).

- Check that all of your cables are connected properly, including MIDI cables, USB cables, and mains cables. (Any erratic connection, or an erratic power supply to the console or MIDI interface, might cause strange behaviour, for example.)

- Wait at least 15 seconds, then power everything up, and reboot.

Does that solve it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support