It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:22 am

List of favorite organs

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

robsig

List of favorite organs

PostThu Apr 04, 2024 1:57 pm

As this is my 10th year with Hauptwerk I have embarked on a campaign to learn to use more of the functions of the software that I have not made use of over the years.

Today's project is defining and cuing favorite organs. I am starting to accumulate quite a number (for me) of samplesets, and would appreciate being able to load the few that I use the most more easily. I read the relevant section in the user guide. However, I didn't find there a way to create a list of cued favorites without loading the chosen organs.

It would save a lot of time, me semble. I'm thinking of sitting at the keyboard and typing in a series of organs.

Am I missing something or am I just getting lazy/impatient with old age?

Any ideas?

RS

mdyde

Re: List of favorite organs

PostThu Apr 04, 2024 2:18 pm

Hello Rob,

You do need a load an organ in order to be able to assign it as a favourite. E.g. simply assign it next time that you load it for to play it. Once it's assigned as a favourite, you can use the list editor facilities (insert, delete, copy, paste, etc.) to move assignments around within the list if desired.

[I'll move this topic to the "Technical support" section of the forum once you've had a chance to read it.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

robsig

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 7:23 am

Thank you for that Martin. I did bite the bullet and spent several hours loading and assigning organs. The exercise also further acquainted me with the hugely useful touch screen feature which i just discovered.

My list of sample sets had just gotten too big to deal with. I'll bet I'm not the only one!

Great stuff!

RS

mdyde

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 7:49 am

Thanks, Rob. Excellent. You're very welcome.

[Topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.

JulianMoney-Kyrle

PostMon Apr 08, 2024 6:20 pm

Martin,
Are there any plans to expand the list of favourite organs to several lists? I would find it useful to be able to list organs in several ways, for instance having a page of Baroque organs, or three-manual organs, or English organs, so that I can see at a glance what may or may not be suitable for the pieces that I want to play.

mdyde

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 4:03 am

Hello Julian,

Thanks for the suggestion. We do have enhancement requests logged regarding adding support for additional type/style/builder/period/etc. information to the file organ/temperament/combination-set browser windows in a way that could be sorted and filtered, etc. I've added your notes to one of those requests.
Best regards, Martin.

JulianMoney-Kyrle

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 5:18 am

Thank-you, Martin.

Return to Technical support