It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:43 am

Hauptwerk setting to overcome switch contact bounce?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

larason2

Re: Hauptwerk setting to overcome switch contact bounce?

PostSun Feb 27, 2022 9:07 am

Most commercial midi encoders have some degree of bounce reduction, and in some cases it is configurable. On my Arduino Hub website I have programming that reduces bounce, and there are other examples of contact denouncing programming for the arduino out there. I’ve also developed programming with adjustable debounce for the Arduino, I just haven’t released it yet. I think it’s something that should be done at the hardware level, and am not aware of any software that does this.

https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/La ... ans-f3756c

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk setting to overcome switch contact bounce?

PostSun Feb 27, 2022 9:15 am

Hello Richard,

The current version of Hauptwerk (v7) doesn't have any additional de-bouncing capability beyond what's in v4.2.1, which is basic, but sufficient for most cases. In v4+, if a piston's 'Prevent rapid re-engaging (de-bounce)' option is ticked Hauptwerk simply ignores any MIDI message received for it if it's within a few hundred milliseconds of the last. Debouncing within the MIDI encoder hardware/firmware would always be preferable.

Here's another thread relating to debouncing:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19444&p=145920#p145920
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.
Previous

Return to Technical support