It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:14 am

Urk - Kerkje aan de Zee (Netherlands) (I/10+P) - free!

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Urk - Kerkje aan de Zee (Netherlands) (I/10+P) - free!

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 9:39 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set of Dam & Zonen Organ from Urk - Kerkje aan de Zee (Netherlands) . The organ has one manual and pedal and 9 original and 1 extended stops.

In the Northern part of the Netherlands, lies the district: Flevoland. A Province which is not older than 85 years... In this province some older places can be found. Of which one is called 'Urk'. Urk is a place with roundabout 20.000 inhabitants, and is well-known for its abilities around Fishing, and Fish-processing. And for the main part (over 95%) of the inhabitants, to be 'christian'.
So because of the high percentage of christians, Urk has a lot of churches. In the older part of the village, a little church stands on top of the hill (which was the Island of Urk in earlier times). This church is the highest place of Urk, and the oldest church of Urk. Because of the congregation growing to big for the little church, this church is not in use anymore. Whereas a newer, bigger church has been built somewhere else in Urk.

The organ however remained in the little church. It was built by van-Dam & Zonen. A famous, dutch, (late-)romantic organ builder. Who was located in Fryslan, and also built the famous organ in the 'Grote kerk te Tholen' which has been sampled too. This organ (Urk) was originally built (in the 1901's) for the church in Munnekeburen (Netherlands) but has been moved to urk in the 20th Century by Klaas Kapitein. It has been restored and enlargened (with a since-the-building planned) 'Trompet 8'.
The organ suits perfect for accompanying congregations, but is also nice for playing the Suites of Bach, where no second manual is needed. In real the organ does have an attached pedal, but with the modern techniques, we made an extension on the pedal, so a Bourdon 16 and a coupler are present.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (8) and multiple releases (3 levels). Equal, a=430 Hz. The reverb 0.5-0.8 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.2 and v5 and v6 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
Stereo near, stereo far and four-channels surround.
In the surround versions you can adjust the perspective by setting the volume of the near, and far recordings.
The sample RAM requirement is not high, the stereo version requires 4 GB, the surround version requires 8 GB for 24-bit loading.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

The sample is free to download and can be used with Hauptwerk v4.2, v5 or v6 software. Use of the sample for other purposes is subject to permission!

Acknowledgements:
Special thanks to Leander vd Bos for obtaining the license. He recorded with the help of Riekelt Bakker and Henk Pasterkamp. The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gerard Lefranc, Nagy Istvan. Pecze Andor and Jean-Pierre Silvestre. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work.
I am very hopeful that we will be able to continue our work with Leander and that we will be able to produce more Dutch organ samples soon.
(Augustine)
Last edited by takatsa on Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jan Loosman

Re: Urk - Kerkje aan de Zee (Netherlands) (I/10+P) - free!

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 12:59 pm

This is very very nice.

My father is born at Urk and when we visited his family at Urk we often visited this little church at occasions like weddings or childrens christmas.
So i have dear memories of this church.
Thank you for sampling.

Regards Jan

takatsa

Re: Urk - Kerkje aan de Zee (Netherlands) (I/10+P) - free!

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 1:57 pm

Jan Loosman wrote:

Dear Jan, Use thesample set with pleasure. :)

Return to Hauptwerk instruments