It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:13 pm

Free composite sampleset: Zurek Organ v5 for Hauptwerk V

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

BachsFugue

Re: Free composite sampleset: Zurek Organ v5 (5.1) (62/3+p)

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 9:43 pm

Marc,

I think you will also need the new ODF. It's the final link on the original post.

Good luck.
Cole Votaw -- Springfield, Ohio, USA

1961TC4ME

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 9:48 pm

BachsFugue wrote:Marc,

I think you will also need the new ODF. It's the final link on the original post.

Good luck.

Much appreciated! I was wondering if there was a new ODF involved. I got the earlier version working last week and it's really nice, anxious to try out the latest release! :D

We have a go to full throttle, download sequence initiated. 8)

Marc

gingercat

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 5:28 am

I assume Jiri was consulted as to whether he is happy for the demo sample sets to be combined in this way to make a single larger set?
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

1961TC4ME

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 5:27 pm

O.K., just ran into a problem.... Downloaded both Zwolle v2.5 and the new ODF from the links Anton provides, extracted and installed both. After extracting the Zwolle v2.5 package it does not show up in the list of organs to install, only v2.0 and a data package, in fact after extracting twice to be sure, I was asked again if I wanted to install Zwolle organ v2.0 or the data, there is no Zwolle v2.5 to be installed. Thinking this was a bit odd and suspecting either the package was just incorrectly numbered as 2.0 after extraction instead of 2.5, l decided to try loading it anyways. I get an error messgae at 13% loaded telling me "Could not open file"....organ installation package 000389 pipe front hw / mixtur 036 C-hbw. I checked the C: drive and file 000389 is present in the HW folders, however there indeed is no mixtur in the pipe folder. What did I do wrong? Maybe better yet, what organ is package 000389 from as I seem to be missing a few pipes and perhaps I need to download that particualr demo again?

As for Zwolle v2.5, the package I downloaded is 4.17 GB in size, it is called Zwolle v2.5, once extracted and asked what organ I want to install there is only one organ which is then suddenly called v2.0, there is no v2.5 to be found.

Update: Even after attempting to un-install Zwolle v2.0 and extracting and reinstalling the so called v2.5 package again, looking in drive C: in the HW folders and in HW itself, both still say I have version 2.0 installed, again V2.5 is nowhere to be found, leading me to believe that although the file is called Zwolle v2.5, the link Anton provided yesterday is mistakenly for Zwolle v2.0.

Marc

1961TC4ME

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 11:26 pm

See my post above, but one more post here for tonight and then I'm calling it quits! :roll:

After a few more suggestions (thanks Luis) I un-installed Zurek v4, extracted the latest Zwolle v2.5 again and here's what I get for options to install:

Data 000860: Zwolle-St.Michaelis, Schnitger, Demo

OR

Zwolle v.2 demo (not v2.5), and nothing else. It does say in the window to the right that the current version installed is 2.5 and my options are either to re-install or un-install, so obviously I select re-install.

When I attempt to load Zurek v5 I'm still getting the same message at 13% loaded as earlier which is: "Could not open file"....organ installation package 000389 pipe front hw / mixtur 036 C-hbw.

Every file for this set (except for the standard Rotterdam and mini demos) has been downloaded between the last week and last night. So it's one of two things: Either the link to the Zwolle v2.5 download is incorrect and it's not really the v2.5 version, or it looks more likely that I'm missing a rank of pipes from a demo that was updated or added to since I downloaded it.

If someone can tell me which demo organ, package 000389 comes from (I'm guessing it's the Freiberg demo) I can probably solve this mystery in short order.

I've never had any trouble installing an organ before but I guess there's always a first for everything. Keep the ideas coming and thanks for the help!

Marc

Anton Heger

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 1:26 am

Hello Marc,

The error message comes from samples of the Freiberg demo.
Please try again loading Zurek v5 after reinstalling the Freiberg demo.

Regards,
Anton

Anton Heger

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 am

Chris wrote:
I assume Jiri was consulted as to whether he is happy for the demo sample sets to be combined in this way to make a single larger set?

Yes, indeed.

I have contacted Jiri several times last years. His point of view is:
> Hello Jiri,
> How do you think about this proposal?
(..)
> Regards,
> Anton Heger

Dear Anton,
(..)
Of course, I welcome the iniciative. It is perfectly in order with my sample set licence: every user can freely modify the ODF of the organ and make it available for the others. For the Litomysl sample set, this has been done by several users and it is great advantage for this sample set.
(..)
Jiri

And from last month:
On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 22:58:20 +0100, A. (Anton) Heger wrote:

>Hello Jiri,
>
> I have used the previous version of the Zwolle demo to extend the
> Rotterdam demo.
> Is this old version somewhere available, or dm I allowed to make it
> available by myself (only for the stops I have used, not for all) ?
>
> Regards,
> Anton

Dear Anton,
well, I would be more happy if you could update your extended Rotterdam with the latest Zwolle DEMO. That would be most desirable.

If you are unable to do it, then, make the old ranks available yourself, but I would prefer using the latest Zwolle v.2.5 ranks instead (do not forget, that demo sample sets should be an advertisement for me, and that means using the latest version is necessary - to give the best sound to the demo users!)

YOurs,
Jiri

profeluisegarcia

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 8:00 am

…And what a magnificent instrument Jiri and you have given to Hwerkian community*¡¡¡ :D

Many Thanks¡

*To users who have Advanced Edition and at least 10 RAM. IMHO this free sample set justify by itself getting the AE.

dalest

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 8:51 am

gingercat

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 am

Thanks Anton - I assumed Jiri would indeed have been consulted. I think it is very generous of him to allow his demo sample sets to be used like this and both he and those that have put in the hard work producing this combined sample set are a credit to the Hauptwerk community.
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

1961TC4ME

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 11:13 am

Anton Heger wrote:Hello Marc,

The error message comes from samples of the Freiberg demo.
Please try again loading Zurek v5 after reinstalling the Freiberg demo.

Regards,
Anton

Hello Anton,

As I suspected, I will download Freiberg and try it again, I'm thinking it will then work fine.

Thanks,

Marc

Anton Heger

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 11:50 am

Hello Eric,
Your feedback is more worth to me than from others: from your recording I can see and hear that you really enjoys it. It gives me a smile and a very happy feeling.
God bless you and be with you in all your worries and sorrows.

Anton

dalest

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 12:05 pm

thank you very much anton

1961TC4ME

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 9:34 am

Just got it loaded and working, all I can say is WOW! Very nice indeed! I appreciate the addition of the 32' on the pedal, had the place shaking! 8) Thanks Anton and Jiri for this very nice set, it's a good one and well worth the downloading effort!

Just as an extra FYI: The previous version of this composite set with my 24 GB of available memory (Win 7 Pro platform) required I load the front ranks @ 20 bit and the rear @ 16 bit, I ended up with about 3 GB left. This new and improved version (and it is definitely improved in more ways than one! :D ) takes a bit more memory and pretty much blew through all 24 GB loading in the same bit rates when I loaded it this morning. I ended up with 0.5 GB left per the HW meter, but it loaded, started and plays fantastic!

Marc

sesquialtera

PostMon Apr 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Hello Friends

After donwloading all night long, I 've just spend two hours with the "Zurek organ"
Wow ! It sounds nice and powerfull !!
Thank you very much Anton Heger !! Great work with this ODF ! !
I often use the Rotterdam demo , but now, It's realy more than a demo !

Did you keep or change the names of some stops ?
I ask you this because I'd like to know the origin of each stop...

Regards
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments