It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm

Free composite sampleset: Zurek Organ v5 for Hauptwerk V

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

dw154515

Re: Free composite sampleset: Zurek Organ v5 (5.1) (62/3+p)

PostSat Apr 26, 2014 9:07 pm

WOW! I spent a couple of hours with this set this evening, and I am absolutely in LOVE! Thank you, sir(s) for all of your efforts! A genuine, GENUINE, thank you is due from anyone who plays this.

I downloaded and installed with ZERO issues! Bravo!
Drew A. Worthen
Master of Music in Composition - Butler University
http://www.drewworthen.com
Director of Music & Website Admin - Greenwood UMC
http://www.greenwoodumc.org
Design Engineer - American Sound and Electronics - Indy
https://americansound.cc/

1961TC4ME

PostSun Apr 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Being this is a surround set and if you haven't tried this yet: If you have multi-channel audio (like at least 8 channels) and are using front / rear speakers, try setting it up as each pair 1-2, 3-4, and so on as an audio group. Route each front division of the organ to a separate audio group / front speakers, and route the rear surround (obviously) to the rear speakers for the surround part, you should like the outcome! 8)

Marc

Anton Heger

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 11:53 am

WOW! I spent a couple of hours with this set this evening, and I am absolutely in LOVE! Thank you, sir(s) for all of your efforts! A genuine, GENUINE, thank you is due from anyone who plays this.

Hello Drew,
Thanks for your enthousiasm. I'm glad you like it.
Enjoy!
Anton

suntower

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi,

I'm a Hauptwerk noob... evaluating the Free Edition. I'm a little different from most potential customers in that I intend to use almost exclusively in a sequencing environment. If you can bear with me:

1. Is the correct install procedure still:
first the Rotterdam, Krzeszow and St Maximin DEMO's
then the file from mega.co.nz (containing the Zwolle and Freiberg samples)
then the Freiberg DEMO
then the Zurek v5 ODF.

2. Is it my understanding that the above (Zurek v5) will -not- run in the 'Free' version of Hauptwerk? At the risk of sounding defensive, if I were getting this for -playing- I'd -happily- just pay $260 for Hauptwerk to try it out. However, -my- concern is that I have to be able to test how Hauptwerk gets along with my main DAW. (So far it works OK with the St Anne, but this seems a -lot- bigger in terms of memory.)

3. If the answer to #2 is 'No it doesn't run in Free Version', can anyone suggest some other 'freebies' that -will- run in Free Edition so I can test memory management? I'm actually pretty chuffed with just the St. Anne organ, but it's not quite 'right' for some of the work I do (my clients will usually want a stereotypical HUGE sound. <sigh>)

kwbmusic

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 4:08 pm

With regard to Point #3 you would need to be aware that many of the organs have conditions of sale that they may not be utilised for commercial use. Though some may do so under special arrangements (cost?)
Keith

profeluisegarcia

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 7:11 pm

suntower wrote:Hi,

I'm a Hauptwerk noob... evaluating the Free Edition.

can anyone suggest some other 'freebies' that -will- run in Free Edition so I can test memory management? <sigh>)

Hello, I used to be a noob ,too.
You might try theses gems:

# ORGAN BUILDER YEAR RANKS LOCATION COUNTRY
1. Doesburg* Walcker-Alemania 1916 20 Doesburg Holanda
2. Rotterdam* Marcussen-Dinamarca 1973 25 Rotterdam Holanda
3. St. Omer* Cavaille-Coll 1855 16 St. Omer Francia
4. Smecno Desconocido 1587 15 Smecno Rep. Checa
5. Jörgensen Jörgensen 1978 30 Afjord Noruega
*Use Floating Divisions

suntower

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 9:46 pm

kwbmusic wrote:With regard to Point #3 you would need to be aware that many of the organs have conditions of sale that they may not be utilised for commercial use. Though some may do so under special arrangements (cost?)
Keith

Of course. I'm not looking to get something for nothing. I've only briefly examined the various vendor offerings (until I could get it working with my DAW.) They are certainly not inexpensive. But the -main- thing is that I can't afford to fall in love with a particular sample set and then find out that my composition won't render properly.

Cheers.

Anyone have an answer for #1? It's a lotta downloading if it won't work. :D

---JC

profeluisegarcia

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 11:21 pm

suntower wrote:
kwbmusic wrote:W

---JC

This magnificent Jiri´s and Anton´s gift is too much for a Free Edition. It requires Advanced Edition and 16 RAM. :(

suntower

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 12:32 am

profeluisegarcia wrote:
suntower wrote:
kwbmusic wrote:W

---JC

This magnificent Jiri´s and Anton´s gift is too much for a Free Edition. It requires Advanced Edition and 16 RAM. :(

Sad, but makes sense. Obviously I'm hijacking the topic... sorry.

josq

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 2:55 am

Unless you load only a small part of the organ, or a larger part with less quality (single loops, single releases etc)

gerrit

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 3:52 am

suntower wrote:3. If the answer to #2 is 'No it doesn't run in Free Version', can anyone suggest some other 'freebies' that -will- run in Free Edition so I can test memory management? I'm actually pretty chuffed with just the St. Anne organ, but it's not quite 'right' for some of the work I do (my clients will usually want a stereotypical HUGE sound. <sigh>)

If you mean by this that you want to test bigger sample sets, then this just can't be done in the Free Version, because this version is limited to 1.5 Gb. But you can use the Basic or Advanced versions in evaluation mode to do this testing and even use Zurek 5 for this, for it will work in those evaluation versions.
Gerrit Veldman

Free sheet music available at my website.

1961TC4ME

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 10:52 am

profeluisegarcia wrote:This magnificent Jiri´s and Anton´s gift is too much for a Free Edition. It requires Advanced Edition and 16 RAM. :(

Yes, a wonderful free set which has become my favorite!

Yeah, it's going to take all of 16GB to give it a fair trial, you might get away with 8GB if you load only the front ranks in 16bit but I'm betting it's going to be real close. I have 24GB total and loading the front ranks in 20 bit and the rear in 16 bit it consumes all of 21+ GB of memory, I tried loading it 20 bit across the board and ran out of memory. It sounds really good the way I am able to load it though! :D

Marc

profeluisegarcia

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 11:48 am

gerrit wrote:[ But you can use the Basic or Advanced versions in evaluation mode to do this testing and even use Zurek 5 for this, for it will work in those evaluation versions.

...Provided the patient has at least 8GB RAM in his computer :wink:

Cheers

Wwhel21

PostSun Apr 12, 2015 1:03 pm

I'm trying to reinstall Zurek 5 on a new SSD after my hard drive failed, and the old Freiberg 2.0 demo is no longer available on sonus paradisi. The new Freiberg 2.5 demo does not appear to work as the Zurek 5 download fails and notes Freiberg is the issue.

I was able to find a posting on pcorgan, and it looks like there may be a fix via a mega file, but the translation to English on that site did not make sense to me and I was wary about proceeding with the link there.

If anyone has a solution, I would much appreciate hearing it.

Also, I presume Anton's original initial post listing the additional files needed is accurate, as I recall he edited that along the way - and that I do not need anything beyond those files to get Zurek 5 loaded.

Thanks,

Bill

scottherbert

PostSun Apr 12, 2015 4:47 pm

profeluisegarcia wrote:
gerrit wrote:[ But you can use the Basic or Advanced versions in evaluation mode to do this testing and even use Zurek 5 for this, for it will work in those evaluation versions.

...Provided the patient has at least 8GB RAM in his computer :wink:

Cheers

I actually on have 6GB, and I managed to load most of it selecting 14 bit, mono, and first loop only. I left out a few stops, but not many. It may not sound its best, but I can play it!!! :D

~S
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments