It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:17 am

World famous organ of Martinikerk Groningen will come

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Mindenblues

Re: World famous organ of Martinikerk Groningen will come

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 7:17 am

zurek wrote:Only users who neglect reading suffer from similar problems. Also, Hauptwerk usually tells you, what is wrong. If 2277 is missing, then, you still have to install the package 2277. See the direct download links, as indicated in the email sent to everybody.

That is neither polite nor true. Let me explain:
I got 2 emails from you:
a) Re: Contact Form containing the info that I got a trial code and can have a look in my account to see the links
b) a general message mail "St. Martini sample set, Groningen - test the full..." that also don't contain more info as you mentioned here in that thread. From the links I see in the account to download, I downloaded all parts from Vol1, Vol2 and Vol3. What else can I do, please?
And there is no hint anywhere which package I need to reinstall, because their names don't indicate the package number.

According to the user manual (what I have read, and what I did not neglected to read) tells at page 203 that I need only install the first part of each volume, containing 'part01' or 'part1' in its name, because the other parts should be loaded automatically providing they are in same directory.

Probably I did something wrong but I tried to read and understand and therefore I need to kindly ask again which of the parts of Vol1 or Vol2 or Vol3 I need to (re-)install again in order to have also package 2277. Or whether there are other packages I need to install beside Vol1, Vol2 and Vol3. And, from the names of the packages which I downloaded I cannot see which one contains package number 2277.

/BR
Olaf

zurek

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 7:28 am

Please, see again the point "4.)" in the email which all users were given. You need to install all the packages from there, as indicated clearly in that email, you must not miss any of them, not even the demo package, as you can read in the text accompanying the direct links referenced in that same point "4.)" of the above mentioned email.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

Mindenblues

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 9:19 am

Ahhh, that explains it. I did already install the demo set, but unfortunately only the (semi-)dry demo set (because I tried that already out earlier).
I have overseen the fact that I need also install the surround demo set in order to run the compelte surround set.
So many thanks for the hint!

/BR
Olaf

zurek

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 3:54 pm

I still have plenty of trial codes for the St. Martini sample set. Do not be afraid to ask for them by email or by the contact form on my web pages. There are no hidden charges.

Always install the full sample set first (including the DEMO) from the direct links. Only then activate the codes. In this way you do not loose your precious testing time by lengthy download and installation.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague

StephenM

PostFri Feb 28, 2020 8:13 pm

I must thank Jiri for one week of organ exhilaration. My neighbours may not be so thankful but surely they enjoyed the Pachabel festival!!

The Groningen sample set is massive.
My first Hauptwerk setup (a loose description) was a laptop with 4G, the free version of HW4, headphones and a discarded 21 note MIDI keyboard.

I worked on the principle that every sample set (or trial) could be squeezed into 4G somehow.

I now have 3 full stereo speaker channels, each with a subwoofer, and a 4th 2.1 channel that I usually use for sounds and noises. The CPU thinks faster than me. Memory is 64G.

But the Groningen doesn't fit!! It is massive.

I first squeezed all 8 channels into 64G and the sound was fantastic. The first load took about an hour. The sound was magnificent, especially the quiet flute stops. I was in the Netherlands.

I tried all the varieties the Jiri allowed me ... they all fitted into 64G, but, sadly, none sounded as impressive as the full 8 channel.

Thank you Jiri for a wonderful week, but I suspect my next Sonus Paradisi purchase (and there will be one soon) will be a little cheaper.

Thx
Stephen

bomeo

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 4:43 am

All,

I read the documentation of this organ, but I cannot find whether the sample set is extended to 5 octaves.. Does anyone know?

Carel

StephenM

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 7:01 am

Bomeo,
The SP web page says ...

The original compass of the keyboards is 49 keys (full 4 octaves), which is extended to 51 keys virtually via a dedicated switch. The original compass of the pedal division is 27 keys, extended to 30 keys virtually. Low C# of the Pedal sounds an octave higher on the original instrument. Proper low C# is available for all pedal stops virtually via a dedicated switch.

Stephen

bourdon

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 7:26 am

I surprisingly haven't seen much detailed opinions on the sample set itself. Is there a global review somewhere ? ( There is a very active dutch forum, but unfortunately not translated in english).

josq

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 9:12 am

bourdon wrote:I surprisingly haven't seen much detailed opinions on the sample set itself. Is there a global review somewhere ? ( There is a very active dutch forum, but unfortunately not translated in english).

I haven't seen any extensive review yet, but please don't forget the option to get a 1 week free trial for the entire sample set.

StephenM

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 7:55 pm

If you get the one week full preview (thanks Jiri) -- and I hope you do -- make sure you have a fairly free week for the testing.
It is a massive sample set, with many options, including the 8 channel monster.

All the options take a lllooonnnngggg time to download and fiddle with.

But what a week I had .... and so did my neighbours!!

The mellow sounds, the flutes, were just amazing.

Stephen

zurek

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 3:09 pm

I still have a lot of trial codes for St. Martini. Do not hesitate to ask for a trial. I decided to give the trial codes for free to every user who asks. The trial period is 7 days.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague

OrganoPleno

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 3:45 pm

Recently I noticed that there is a significant Update now available for the Groningen Martinikerk on the Sonus Paradisi Website. For this Version 1.2 "the major improvements compared to the previous versions is the compass extension to f3 and the pipe coupling feature."

I have just installed this Update, and the results are outstanding! Since every note of the Organ is affected, it is necessary to re-download the entire Instrument (including the "Volume 0" portion). But the results make this well worthwhile.

Besides the improvement in Sound Quality, the increased Keyboard Range makes the Organ much more practical as well.

I highly recommend this Update to all who use this beautiful Sample Set,

JulianMoney-Kyrle

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 7:06 pm

Do you know when this update to version 1.2 was released? My HW system is in Wiltshire where I am lucky to get 4Mb/s download speed, which would mean no TV, radio of use of my iPhone for several days if I wanted to download this again. However, right now I am in London, which means that I can't check my version of Groningen, but I could download it much more easily.

It the upgrade was issued since I bought Groningen (which was quite recently - early February I think) then is it simply a matter of downloading the whole organ again or do I need to get the upgrade added to my account first?

OrganoPleno

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 10:21 pm

JulianMoney-Kyrle wrote:Do you know when this update to version 1.2 was released?

The "Surround" Organ Definition File is internally dated Jan 10, 2021. It looks like the Data Files took their final form on Jan 12, 2021. Any orders more than a few days after this date should likely contain the new files. The proof, of course, is whether your installation reaches up to that high F, and whether it shows a slider for "pipe coupling".

The Upgrade does NOT get ordered and does NOT get added to your account. When the whole Organ is downloaded, it either does or does not include the new features... depending on the dates of the actual files being downloaded. The download files for everybody already licensed should have been updated soon after the Jan 12 date showing in the actual files.

If you have the capacity at hand (like a 128 gB Flash Drive) it would be simple enough to download them anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!

ArjanK

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 4:29 am

It's easy to check whether you have the new version.

When 'Pipe Coupling' feature exists (Mixer View) you have the new version.

Brgds,
Arjan
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments