It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am

World famous organ of Martinikerk Groningen will come

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

dkoschinski

Re: World famous organ of Martinikerk Groningen will come

PostSun Oct 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi Adri,
the usual permissions problem applies to this file. (pcorgan only lets it's members view files).
Maybe host the pic elsewhere?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IsIs9 ... ZXo1ZC4pXc

murph

PostSun Oct 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Thanks Danny.

P.s. Graphics are VERY like Zwolle!

bourdon

PostMon Oct 14, 2019 8:56 am

As we have the opportunity for once to take a look at the beta version, I'd allow myself a small observation about the graphics: independently from the colour ( ...which is a pure matter of each person's taste ;-) ),I wonder wether it could not have bigger tags bearing the names of the stops, in order to be more easily readable ( the place in the middle seems a bit empty wasted with the ( small) photo of the organ in its center..;
Personally, I prefer for instance the Altenbruch kind of display.

adri

PostWed Oct 16, 2019 12:42 pm

bourdon wrote:As we have the opportunity for once to take a look at the beta version, I'd allow myself a small observation about the graphics: independently from the colour ( ...which is a pure matter of each person's taste ;-) ),I wonder wether it could not have bigger tags bearing the names of the stops, in order to be more easily readable ( the place in the middle seems a bit empty wasted with the ( small) photo of the organ in its center..;
Personally, I prefer for instance the Altenbruch kind of display.

Re: the color: the organ is green whether you like it or not; Sietze de Vries affectionally calls it "the green monster".

Erzahler

PostThu Nov 28, 2019 11:53 pm

Just a short demo to help us get even more interested in this wonderful organ;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ3-0cBKh44

CWEB

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 6:33 am

Any idea when this is coming? Will it be HW5 only?

bourdon

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 9:06 am

Good idea ! There are some sample set makers who have already announced they will go on delivering their future organs in both versions HW4 and HW5.
In any case, it would at least be most useful to be able to test the evaluation version in HW 4 format, for people who still haven't made up their minds, or who didn't have the time yet to do all the necessary diligences to install HK5.

anco111

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 9:55 am

As far as I know, this one will be only HW5.

Understandable and logical, considering the security issues in HW4....

zurek

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 4:49 am

Oh well, I was waiting for HW5 release, so that St. Martini would be released soon after that. But I expected it to happen sometimes in September or so. We were ready by that time, although we have used the two (three) months in between to make some subtle improvements.

Now, at the busy period before Christmas, and with all these HW upgrades going on, I am not sure whether I should release it now, or wait until after Christmass, for January or so. Please, advice.

For sure, St. Martini is ready for Hauptwerk 5. There will be no release in Hauptwerk 4 (if that helps to make your planning).
It has been a huge investment (I paid for St. Martini alone about the same as for all the other sample sets together - well, almost), and I need to ensure, that this investments comes back. With the fraudulent sellers of pirated sample sets active in Germany, Holland, Russia and probably also in Italy and USA, I do my best to protect my investment by sticking to HW5. I am sorry for that, but it is not my fault. You all know that I would be most happy to release St. Martini and all the other sample sets without encryption. (And, there will be one flavor of St. Martini released in plain wave format). I would even understand, if - in the situation of poverty - there would be two or three friends buying one copy together and copying it among themselves. But what I do not understand, is the sellers (I know by name at least three of them in Germany, Holland and Italy, and I know about one - or is it a group? - in Russia) who are not ashamed to offer my sample sets for about half a price as if they were resellers, while they simply never pay any reseller fees to me. They sell copies of my sample sets to their customers, but all those are pirated copies. How do I know? Because those betrayed end users sometimes write to me for a technical support! And when I ask them where do they have their sample set from, it is easy that those names are revealed.
That, exactly that, and I am sure they know who am I talking about, leads me to the decision to use the encryption on Hauptwerk samples. Those people are stealing my bread and I am not able to tollerate that. In the end, they contribute to the high price of the sample sets, since I cannot sell myself so many copies, if they take a part of the market for their smuggling.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

anco111

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 5:13 am

zurek wrote:Now, at the busy period before Christmas, and with all these HW upgrades going on, I am not sure whether I should release it now, or wait until after Christmass, for January or so. Please, advice.

It's okay if you wait until the dust settles. We have the patience to wait until January. :)

zurek wrote:Oh well, I was waiting for HW5 release, so that St. Martini would be released soon after that. But I expected it to happen sometimes in September or so. We were ready by that time, although we have used the two (three) months in between to make some subtle improvements.

Good to hear you used the extra time wisely.
If you decide to postpone the release even further (until January or maybe even later) you would have even more time to fine tune the sample set.

Personally I am very excited about the Impule Respone stuff.. But that IR stuff has to be in perfect and high quality condition to really make the organ shine. So IF something could need a little bit more work, you could take the extra time

I think a lot of us would be fine if we had to wait a couple more weeks/months if that means we get a perfect (as much as possible) organ.

A great part of the HW users is still trying to figure out how to download/install HW5 or to get it set up.
And after we get it running we need some time to figure out the audio routing. (or download and install lots of organs)
So I don't mind waiting a little longer.. :)
Last edited by anco111 on Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

bourdon

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 5:14 am

OK , very clear, I had overlooked the logical fact that stopping HW4 meant also the end of the encryption with this system.
A for advice about the release date, may it be suggested that the Christmas holiday period is perhaps a good one to release a new sample set, people having more time to spend on that ? ( But of course, it means less rest for you ! :) )

CWEB

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 5:20 am

Sounds promising. It certainly makes sense for this to be HW5 only, but good to know for sure.

I'm not rushing into HW5 - probably for a few weeks at the least, but I'm VERY interested to know more about Martinikirk and that may hasten or delay the upgrade.

If I were you I'd try to get it out now. Because there is a lot of attention on the forum etc at the moment. Also, because of the need to laboriously reinstall many sample sets some people may consider abandoning some of their less used sets when upgrading and buying something new instead. That's more likely if an exciting new set is actually available at the time....

sonar11

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 9:13 am

I'm very interested in this sample, but I would like more information on the surround aspect. Is this using only the new conv reverb, or is this like your sets in the past where you offered a surround slider we can adjust ourselves using a mix of two different recordings?

I probably wouldn't purchase before Christmas, but it would be nice to do some serious listening to a bunch of different recordings of this sample (maybe download a trial) so that I can look into it during my holidays.

zurek

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 9:34 am

Both approaches are possible with St. Martini. The surround variant uses the inherent recorded reverberation. We always record in this way, so, the surround variant is just like all my other sample sets, with the recorded reverberation (sometimes described as "wet").
There will also be the the semi-dry variant of the sample set, where the user has the possibility to apply any reverb he wants via the IRs available on my web pages. There are very many available, the possibilities are endless.
With its multi-bus routing capabilities of Hauptwerk 5, you can attach different reverbs to different portions of the organ (even attaching different IR to each pipe, if desired, but the setup would probably be too complex for that).

Many sample sets of mine offer both the ways, see the Altenbruch, Freiberg, Zutphen, etc. etc., there are many of them.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

sonar11

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks Jiri, that sounds excellent and very promising.
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments