It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:59 am

FCCLA in Version 5 ?

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Dnsmo

Re: FCCLA in Version 5 ?

PostWed Nov 27, 2019 6:00 pm

That Jonathan is even open to the possibility of making this set available again sometime in 2020 is great news, indeed. And knowing his penchant for doing meticulous work to get things right, it will be worth the wait.

Yet another thing to be thankful for!
jwillans wrote:I originally held off hoping that the Skinner reissue would fill this gap.

Two very different animals. And I wouldn't be surprised if a Mt. Carmel Skinner for version 5 is released in the very near future.
Dennis

jab8283

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 1:17 pm

I had downloaded both FCCLA Skinner DEMO_A and DEMO_B4 to my computer in October 2015 but never got around to installing in Hauptwerk, but I still have the RAR files. About a month ago I gave thought to installing these files to HW computer (v-4.2.1) and went about looking for licensing info to play demo set, and for info to purchase final version. I found nothing about licensing, and learned that the FCCLA sample set had been effectively removed from distribution.
Last edited by jab8283 on Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Barrow II
Crawfordsville, IN. USA

ns_organist

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 3:37 pm

When I first heard the HW v5 would have built in reverb capabilities, I immediately thought of this sample set, and how fun it would be to have such a huge instrument to play. I tried the demo years ago, but I wasn't ready to go down the external reverb route. I had no idea until today that it was off the market.

Count me in as a future buyer! I hope I re-release/updated version will be available for HW v5.

Kevin

cxl119

PostSat Jan 30, 2021 8:24 am

I downloaded FCCLA in 2016. I too would like to have the option to try it.
Chris Luckenbill
DuBois, PA

smfrank

PostSat Jan 30, 2021 11:38 am

This is a great set. It’s not currently available, but the upgrade is for previous owners. It has various versions, I use full chancel which has many divisions.
The whole thing is too much and I don’t need (need! Haha) the gallery Schlicker. I never cared for it until HW-V! It is spectacular!
Steve
Steven Frank

giwro

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 2:18 pm

We're still working with the church on a re-release, but the process has been slowed by COVID (as have many other things, alas!)
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

kasterling

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 11:51 pm

I was lucky enough to attend a service at First Congregational Church late in 2019. The Skinner organ sounded just as good then as it did when I first heard it there over 30 years ago. The big Schlicker in the gallery sounded wonderful, too, but the Skinner would be my first choice for a sample set. Although the membership of this church has shrunk considerably from what it once was, let it be known that the church is very well endowed and isn't going anywhere. Moreover, I found the ministers--especially the Senior Minister, Rev. Laura Vail Fregin--to be very progressive in their thinking and outreach. I can't imagine that they would be anything but enthusiastic and supportive toward the re-issue of the FCCLA sample set. They have a very inclusive mentality. In that spirit, I request that if and when this sample set is re-issued it be done in such a way that users of Hauptwerk 4 can be included among those who can benefit. As such a user myself, I would purchase the re-issued FCCLA set in a heartbeat. However, I would have no interest in installing HW5 or HW6 just to be able to use it--or any other sample set.

giwro

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 12:17 pm

Unfortunately, we will be unable to re-release it in v4... our former (and any future) contracts from, the church carefully stipulate the need for robust copy protection. Since we no longer have a means of updating v4 HASP (and, indeed, it is no longer secure) we have no choice. Plus, the sheer complexity of this instrument is not something that I want to support multiple versions of....

The church is indeed a wonderful place, and they are supportive of the idea of a re-release, this just takes time (and everyone's life has been disrupted by COVID, especially in SoCal, where the infection and hospitalization rates are off the charts)

Kind regards,
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

B777Captain

PostSun Feb 07, 2021 9:33 pm

I will purchase this I sample when it comes out as well. Rather excited about having this.

I used to come listen to Lloyd Holzgraf on his weekly concerts at the FCCLA back in the day. Plus I have one of his albums on this organ. My absolute favorite piece on this album was the “Bells of St. Anne...”. Mesmerizing....!!

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

mundiglo

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 1:34 pm

Dear Jonathan,
I definitely would be interested in a re- issue. I also was deeply impressed by the Holzgraf recordings.
Greetings from Germany
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments