It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:48 pm

Bellevue Cassavant couper question

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

ConnMan

Bellevue Cassavant couper question

PostTue Aug 18, 2020 9:59 am

I just installed the Bellevue Presbyterian Cassavant sample set. I am thoroughly enjoying it. One thing that I have noticed is an unexpected issue with the couplers. The set has native unison off couplers. It does not have native super and sub octave couplers. If I select couplers from Hauptwerk's master coupler list, they work as expected. However, when I select the unison off native coupler, I can not use the intra or inter manual couplers from Hauptwerk. For instance, if I want to play a tenor solo for a hymn in the left hand, I will often select a solo stop + Unison off + Swell to Swell 4 shifting the part an octave higher without having to physically reposition my hand while playing the right hand parts on the great. Also, if for some reason I want to couple the swell to great using the Swell to Great 4 and also use the Swell unison off, nothing sounds on the great except for the stop from the great division.

Is this normal behavior for couplers? I know that I have been able to simultaneously use unison off and super/sub octive inter/intra manual couplers on both electronic and electropneumatic organs.

IainStinson

Re: Bellevue Cassavant couper question

PostWed Aug 19, 2020 8:03 am

I agree it is unusual to only have Unison Off couplers (and no octave or sub octave couplers) but this seems to be what the real organ has. The. Unison Off couplers don’t affect the large solo reeds, so provide a way of using these as solo stops. They act as a sort of ventil.

SP note this at http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/organs/u-s-a/casavant-organ-model.html (and select the Updates tab):
Chamade Trompet is not affected by Unison Off couplers
Unison Off couplers do not affect intramanual couplers. This allows using the Chamade Trompet as a solo stop on one of the manual against the full organ coupled to a different keyboard.

Iain

ConnMan

PostMon Aug 24, 2020 8:34 am

Thanks for the reply. After reading your post, I remembered seeing the note about the unison off not including the solo reeds. When I got home, I tried it, and unfortunately the unison off does control the reeds both on the host manual and on the intermanual couplers. Maybe I got an old version of the software. I will contact the publisher.

Lougheed

PostMon Aug 24, 2020 11:05 am

ConnMan wrote:Thanks for the reply. After reading your post, I remembered seeing the note about the unison off not including the solo reeds. When I got home, I tried it, and unfortunately the unison off does control the reeds both on the host manual and on the intermanual couplers. Maybe I got an old version of the software. I will contact the publisher.

The update 1.13 addresses this, as well as some other issues:

"Chamade Trompet is not affected by Unison Off couplers
Unison Off couplers do not affect intramanual couplers. This allows using the Chamade Trompet as a solo stop on one of the manual against the full organ coupled to a different keyboard. The volume of the Trompette en chamade can now be controlled independently from the other divisions via the dedicated Mixer sliders.
Pitch of the low Cis of Doucaine 16 corrected.
Pitch of Voix celeste 8 corrected in Equal temperament.
Mixer labels corrected. Pedal Matrix memory pistons improved on the single and simple jambs."

Return to Hauptwerk instruments