It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:18 pm

AVO-Renaissance replica from Szár (Hungary) 13/I+P New!

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

AVO-Renaissance replica from Szár (Hungary) 13/I+P New!

PostWed Sep 02, 2020 10:02 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set of Renaissance replica from Szár (Hungary) . The organ has one manual and pedal and 13 stops.

Szár (Saar) is a village in Hungary, in Transdanubia, in Fejér county. It has a population of 1,600, 30% of which are of German nationality. Szár was already inhabited in ancient times. It was inhabited by Reformed Hungarians in the early Middle Ages. The Turks completely destroyed the village. After the Turkish conquest, German serfs were settled, especially from the Rhine-Main region. After the Second World War, a significant part of the German population was displaced and Hungarians were relocated.

The Baroque-style parish church of St. John the Baptist was built between 1752 and 1757, based on the plans of Fellner Jakab. The church was renovated in 2011.

The old organ of the church was completely destroyed in World War II. After that, the church did not have an organ for more than 60 years. The construction of the new organ was made possible by a donation from Frank Hasenfratz, who was born in Szár but he lives in Canada. The population of the village and the municipality also contributed to the construction of the organ.The organ was designed by Homolya Dávid and contributed by dr. Kormos Gyula. This organ is a copy of the Renaissance organ of the Lutheran Church in Lőcse (Levoča), made in the 17th century. The original organ is a good example of the renaissance-early baroque organ architecture of historical Hungary. The organ shows notes of North German and Polish Renaissance organs. Unfortunately, the original organ, which unique in its kind, has not been in operation for 70 years and there is no hope of its reconstruction. But now it was reborn in the organ of Szár. The organ was built by Paulus Organ Factory in 2018.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-8) and multiple releases (3 levels). Equal, a=466 Hz. and accompanied by its own temperament. The reverb 2.5 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.2 or v5 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
1. Original versions: stereo near (semidry), stereo far (wet) and six-channels surround.
2. Extended split-manual versions: stereo near (semidry), stereo far (wet) and six-channels surround.
3. Extended two manuals versions: stereo near (semidry), stereo far (wet) and six-channels surround.
The extended versions also received more pedal stops.
In the surround versions you can adjust the perspective by setting the volume of the near, far and rear recordings.
For the near (semidry) versions, the IR reverb file of the temple is available for use with Hauptwerk v5.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Adrian De Groot, Gérard Lefranc, István Nagy and Jean-Pierre Silvestre. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work.
Last edited by takatsa on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrganoPleno

Re: AVO-Renaissance replica from Szár (Hungary) 13/I+P New!

PostSat Sep 05, 2020 2:41 pm

takatsa wrote:I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set of Renaissance replica from Szár (Hungary) . The organ has one manual and pedal and 13 stops.

This little Organ is thoroughly delightful! Crisp and clear, and allowing for a wide range of interesting Registrations. Of note, there is a "Vox Humana" present which was not mentioned in the documentation. This one is actually an Italian-style "Voce Umana" (or "Fiffaro"), a celeste stop based on the Principal 8-foot. Also, the "Sedecima" is included in the Mixtura, so there is no need to use both of these stops together. On the original Organ, they are both controlled by the same Stop-Ring. Pulling the ring partway out activates the Sedecima 1', and pulling it the rest of the way out also activates the other ranks of the Mixtura III.

Using the two-manual version, it is possible to set matching Registrations on both Manuals, and with the Swell Box partly closed this allows for an easy and effective "echo" effect between the Manuals.

Another interesting effect (with these matching registrations in place, and the Swell Box partly closed) is to activate the Tremulant, and then (using Hauptwerk's Master Couplers") couple Manual II onto Manual I. This gives a gentle "half-tremulant" effect with a bit of chorus effect added... especially when using the special "Szar" Temperament included.

Overall, the sound of this instrument is very refreshing, and it is a lot of fun to play.

Enjoy!

takatsa

Re: AVO-Renaissance replica from Szár (Hungary) 13/I+P New!

PostSun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 pm

[quote="OrganoPleno".[/quote]
Thank you so much OrganoPleno for the addition and ideas so we can use this little instrument even better. (Vox humana is really left out of the description, even though it is a very important register. Thank you for your attention and I have corrected this on my website.)
In Hungary, too, it is very difficult to get a permit to record an organ for the purpose of Hauptwerk. But I have an organist friend, Péter Sirák, who deals with old music. And this is the third replica organ I managed to record with his help. In addition to this little Renaissance organ, there is a small Venetian Baroque replica organ and a Castilian replica organ. Each of these three little organs is a separate world with a fantastic repertoire.They drew my attention to the fact that not only do we have to deal with the great romantic and symphonic organs, but there is a segment that gives a lot of beauty to the explorers.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments