It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

Best Samples for French Baroque

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

lefranc22

Re: Best Samples for French Baroque

PostMon Jan 25, 2021 12:40 pm

Today a new one is coming: "Jeux d'Orgues 4" (LaChaise-Dieu Abbey). Only stereo but clean and interesting. The price is interesting too.
https://www.jeuxdorgues.com/jeux-d-orgues-4-lachaisedieu/

sesquialtera

PostMon Jan 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Very interesting news, thank you, (and thank you Jospeh Basquin).
The sounds seem very nice but, at the moment,
there's no audio demo with a "grand jeux" or a "plein jeux" ...
I'll wait some other audio demos on Contrebombarde, but I'm sure it's a good sampleset !

sesquialtera

PostWed Jan 27, 2021 12:55 pm

Hello,
A new audio demo is available now, showing the nice and powerful sound of the reeds.
https://soundcloud.com/jeux-dorgues/corrette-grand-jeu-suite-du-3eme-et-4eme-ton-jeux-dorgues-4-la-chaise-dieu

-

larason2

PostSun Feb 21, 2021 3:35 pm

I recently purchased Zamardi, and I have to say I'm quite pleased with it. The tone and balance of the stops is just perfect for French Baroque music, particularly for the extended version. I was worried the Trompette wouldn't be "French enough," since it is from another organ, but I would say that all my doubts have disappeared. The balance of the stops, the tone and colour, and the suitability for French classic registrations are top notch, in my opinion. I play mostly with the dry "near" perspective, but the far perspective is also quite nice, as it is playing near with adjustable convolution reverb in HW5. It does not have as many stops as most of the other French Baroque organs that are available, but I would say that in the extended version, nothing is missing that would be desired, and there certainly isn't anything available at such a low price. Overall very pleased.

jean.lemoine

PostMon Mar 08, 2021 8:48 am

I guess you've made your choice already.
My personal, absolute favorite for French baroque music is Saint Michel en Thiérache. An absolute gem!
I also own the cute tiny Cliquot of Rozay en Brie, the impressive one of Saint Pons and the solar and passionate (but not so much classic in the end) great organ Saint Maximin. And the Silberman of Ebersmünster.

I'd say go for Saint Michel, the most perfect, the Saint Maximin, the most overwhelming, and the all the rest ;-)
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments