It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am

Baroque organ from Buda-Hills v2 and Zamardi-Buda composite

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Baroque organ from Buda-Hills v2 and Zamardi-Buda composite

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 4:46 am

I am pleased to announce that the v2 version of the Lutheran's Organ of Buda-Hills area has been completed.
The sample was made by me in 2014 and I have now reworked the original raw recording. Thus, the sample meets today's quality requirements.
This organ was built by the Pécs Organ Building Manufactory in 2002. The organ has two manual and 17 register, German baroque dispositions.
The pattern is made in stereo-tail, stereo-near and six-channel surround format. Can be used in Hauptwerk 4.2, Hauptwerk 5 and Hauptwerk 6.
The sample is absolutely free !!

Screenshot
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István, Pecze Andor. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work.

Now I have two small baroque organ samples. Both organs were made by the Pécs Organ Building Manufactory, similarly small baroque instruments, but their disposition is very different. Zamárdi is French style and Buda-Hills is German style. I was thinking of combining the two organs and creating a composite suitable for playing both French and German Baroque works.
I made the composite which has 4 manual and 44 stops. Dominique Dantand and István Nagy helped me plan the disposition. This composite is free to download from my website.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

With these two free downloadable samples, I want to wish a happy and peaceful New Year to all members of the Hauptwerk community.
Augustine

seh52

Re: Baroque organ from Buda-Hills v2 and Zamardi-Buda compos

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 11:36 am

Thanks for these generous gifts!

Should I uninstall Buda-Hills v1 prior to installing v2, or do they install separately?

Will voicing and tuning settings from v1 transfer to v2?

takatsa

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 12:02 pm

seh52 wrote: Should I uninstall Buda-Hills v1 prior to installing v2, or do they install separately?
Will voicing and tuning settings from v1 transfer to v2?

Thank you for this important question. You need to uninstall v1 first and then you can install the new version. This version is a completely new processing of the recording, so the settings will be lost. It’s annoying, but in return, everything gets better. :)

Tweedle_Dee

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 12:58 pm

Thank you so much for this free gift! I already have Zamardi (which I have really been enjoying), so this is a no brainer download for me. Happy New Year!

takatsa

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 2:09 pm

Tweedle_Dee wrote:Thank you so much for this free gift! I already have Zamardi (which I have really been enjoying), so this is a no brainer download for me. Happy New Year!

I'm glad you like the Zamárdi sample. I wish you a lot of joy using the sampless and a happy New Year to you too.

seh52

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 2:10 pm

[quoteYou need to uninstall v1 first and then you can install the new version. ][/quote]

Thanks for these directions!

Is there an option to keep v1 and install v2 separately so that I can compare later?

bobhehmann

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Beautiful. I've become a great fan of the Zamardi over the last month, so simple, clear, and delightful. Buda Hills makes a nice companion - can't wait to try the composite.

Have a great new year!
Cheers, Bob

takatsa

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 pm

Thanks, Bob.

Seh, there is no good way to do this because it uses the same Id and the work folder of old version and work folder of new version is the same.
This is not regular, but there is one thing you can do. I do not recommend this, but the following is possible:
You are not uninstalling the old sample.
You will find the OrganInstallationPackages/001744 folder on your PC and rename e.g. 001744a
Then you are installing the new version. After that, you can use the new sample, but you also have the old ODF left, only the inoperable one.
If you want to use the old version, you rename the current folder 001744 to 001744b and rename the folder 001744a to 001744.
Now the old odf is working and you can use the old version. And so on. :)

kasterling

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 12:05 am

Both the Zamardi and Buda-Hills organs sample sets are exquisite gems. The Zamardi-Buda composite is a wonderful free gift--with 2 different variations included! Augustine, you are a very generous person and I have come to discover a very talented sample set maker, too. Thank you!

takatsa

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 2:50 am

kasterling wrote:Both the Zamardi and Buda-Hills organs sample sets are exquisite gems. The Zamardi-Buda composite is a wonderful free gift--with 2 different variations included! Augustine, you are a very generous person and I have come to discover a very talented sample set maker, too. Thank you!

Thank you for the praise. Sample making is a wonderful hobby for me and my main goal is to bring joy to others. :)

einer_von_weitem

PostSat Jan 09, 2021 2:36 pm

I recently downloaded the Buda-Hills v2 sample set and would like to express my gratitude for this wonderful gift. I started practising a piece that I have found difficult to register in the past on this sample set. The sound of this organ is just wonderful in my ears, I really, really like it, hearing this sound makes me happy. Both mellow and very clear (I am using the "surround" version with headphones). And for some reason it just happened to fit the piece (a chorale prelude by J.H. Knecht) perfectly. I chose a combination that I thought might work, and not only yes, it did work, but it turned out just perfect for the piece. Many thanks Augustine!
My Hauptwerk recordings on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJu6YY ... XMA/videos

kasterling

PostSat Jan 09, 2021 7:19 pm

If you like the Buda-Hills organ, you would surely love the composite organs Augustine made from this together with his Zamardi organ sample set. And they are free! (Although you have to pay for the Zamardi organ, it is well worth the small cost.)

takatsa

PostWed Jan 13, 2021 4:47 pm

[quote="einer_von_weitem"][/quote]
Thank you for the honor. I’m watching your recordings uploaded to youtube, and I’m glad you’ve already played with more of my samples.:)
Augustine

Return to Hauptwerk instruments