It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 am

Baroque Organ of the Benedictine Abbey in Tihany - New

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

larason2

Re: Baroque Organ of the Benedictine Abbey in Tihany - New

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 8:45 am

I have been playing this set for a few weeks, and it has quickly become one of my favourites! As others have pointed out, the quality of the recordings, the fine voicing and balance, and the lovely tonality of the stops are all winners. One thing that surprised me as well is the surprising suitability for romantic pieces as well. The Vox humana on the swell in the extended version turned out to be a lovely stop, and combined with the koppel flutes you can get a lovely romantic sound. The Viole de gambe on the great is also a lovely and versatile stop. That being said, this organ is also eminently suitable for Bach, with hardly any Bach pieces not sounding great on it. With the disposition it also sounds great with French Baroque pieces, for instance with the trumpet on the pedals and the Plein Jeu on the great. The trumpet on the great with the flutes and the cornet is also lovely and has loads of panache! It’s hard to believe such a good organ is available for such a reasonable price! Congratulations to Augustine and his team!

takatsa

Re: Baroque Organ of the Benedictine Abbey in Tihany - New

PostFri Aug 06, 2021 9:57 am

I'm glad you're happy with my job. I wish you much pleasure in using the organ sample set.
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments