It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

Noordbroek: Schnitger Virtual Organ for Hauptwerk

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

ostrovitch

Re: Noordbroek: Schnitger Virtual Organ for Hauptwerk

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 8:06 am

murph wrote:Just had a play with this. When will Caen, St. Omer and the Rotterdams have the pipe coupling added????????
...and zwolle.. :D

sesquialtera

PostTue Apr 27, 2021 1:01 pm

Hello all,
I've just bought this sampleset, it's a wonderful sound delight !
Congrats Mr Zurek and thank you to have make it available for HV 4 users.

But I don't have enought ram on my old computer to load all the channels in 20 bits !
On older SP samplesets, I like front and rear mixed in the same speakers. (My Hifi system has two big speakers only.)
For Noordbroek, I want to keep the Rear channel , but wich one of the three others can I ignore ?
Near, Diffuse, or Distant ? Thank you for your advices ...

Hoofdwerk

PostTue Apr 27, 2021 2:03 pm

sesquialtera wrote:Hello all,
I've just bought this sampleset, it's a wonderful sound delight !
Congrats Mr Zurek and thank you to have make it available for HV 4 users.

But I don't have enought ram on my old computer to load all the channels in 20 bits !
On older SP samplesets, I like front and rear mixed in the same speakers. (My Hifi system has two big speakers only.)
For Noordbroek, I want to keep the Rear channel , but wich one of the three others can I ignore ?
Near, Diffuse, or Distant ? Thank you for your advices ...

My demo recordings on the SP website are all done with Direct and Distant only. I found that to be a nice combination of spatial detail (left-right, etc.) and a wide sound stage. Perhaps you can add Rear to that for even more space, or swap Distant for Rear. In those cases, start with the broad sound of Distant (and/or Rear) and add Direct just until you sense enough detail and spatial information in the sound to suit your tastes.

There is of course nothing wrong with the default settings as well, but it does take a lot of RAM.

Erik

sesquialtera

PostWed Apr 28, 2021 10:19 am

My demo recordings on the SP website are all done with Direct and Distant only. I found that to be a nice combination of spatial detail (left-right, etc.) and a wide sound stage. Perhaps you can add Rear to that for even more space, or swap Distant for Rear. In those cases, start with the broad sound of Distant (and/or Rear) and add Direct just until you sense enough detail and spatial information in the sound to suit your tastes.

Thank you Hoofdwerk for this reply. I'll try your solution(s), and will record the same piece with different settings, otherwise my ears may forget what they had heard between each long times of loading...

EDIT : I found a temporary way to load all the channels : I didn't load the tremmed stops, so all fits in my RAM, then I can use the mixer tab to choose wich channel I won't load for my ordinary use..
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments