It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:32 pm

Alternate Sample Sets

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Alternate Sample Sets

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 9:41 am

Prior to my Hauptwerk experience I used to have an Ensoniq ASR 10 keyboard that allowed you to input sampled sounds from floppy discs. In addition to some limited, but quite good ,organ sounds I also had some lush strings samples similar to what one would hear with the intro music from the TV series, Versailles. Does anyone know if such samples (large lush strings sounds) are available for Hauptwerk ?
Antoni

mdyde

Re: Alternate Sample Sets

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 10:07 am

[Topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

IainStinson

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 10:48 am

You could drive an external sound generator to produce the sounds you want and play them within a Hauptwerk instrument. I think some people do this with digital pianos or with orchestral sampler software (using a virtual midi connection if the sampler is running on the same computer as Hauptwerk).

A few sample sets include Midi Out stops to drive such additions. If the sample set does not have midi out you can use Hauptwerk’s ability to drive external ranks to do this. See http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17434&hilit=+Midi#p130468.
iain

Antoni Scott

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 11:59 am

Thanks but it looks a bit too complicated for me and I'm afraid it may change something permanently. I was hoping that someone out there saw the need for a sample set using Hauptwerk that was not always an organ or haarpsichord. Kontact has some really nice lush string sounds but it uses their software through a keyboard like my old Ensoniq. Although the Ensoniq had excellent samples available for it, it had only 8 notes of polyphony !!!!! Times have changed.

larason2

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 2:19 pm

You can play both Hauptwerk and Kontakt at the same time. Just assign one manual the same Midi channel as Kontakt. On the audio output side, if you are listening to Hauptwerk in Stereo, just assign Hauptwerk's output to the same output as Kontakt. For a multi channel set, you could assign Kontakt to one of your stereo pairs.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments