It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:50 pm

Al Morse "Enigma": is it still around?

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

bobhehmann

Al Morse "Enigma": is it still around?

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 1:59 am

Years ago, Al released several versions of his Enigma composite (2009-ish?). I haven't been able to find it. I didn't see it on Al's present site, nor other locations it used to be published. Does anyone known what happened to it? I didn't find anything in the Forum about it being pulled from distribution, it just seems to have disappeared. Just curious.
Cheers, Bob

lefranc22

Re: Al Morse "Enigma": is it still around?

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 10:08 am

Enigma-York composite has in fact disappeared from the Al Morse site. It was an organ made from two sets: "Happy Birthday" by Prospectum and "St Stephen" by N. Appleton. It was offered in two versions; dry and wet. I kept it on a hard drive. Al Morse should be questioned.

bobhehmann

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 1:24 pm

Thank you sir! Fortunately, I also still have copies, versions dating from that last update cycle around 2009/10. And also fortunately, Mr. Morse still seems very active in the community.

I've been auditing my sample-sets, checking if there are updates/patches and such. I see that vendors are sometimes updating venerable instruments, releasing modern high-def sample sets to augment their memory-minimizing and severely down-sampled sets of old.

I noticed additionally that Zion Organs seems to have gone away, there is only a placeholder screen on their website's homepage; and one of my favorites, the Joergensen Tribute Organ, has never made it to HW5/6. That is one I miss!

Best wishes - hope that the medical outlook is improving in your homeland, and that you and yours have weathered this storm.
Cheers, Bob

Jeffrey Quick

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 6:05 pm

"one of my favorites, the Joergensen Tribute Organ, has never made it to HW5/6. That is one I miss!"

Me too. My biggest disappointment with HW5.

Morse

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 5:42 pm

The Enigma sample set was my first offering using free samples in the early days of Hauptwerk. I abandoned it when it became hopelessly obsolete compared to other free organs. I don't even have a copy of it anymore.

There are several newer free organs on my website which are far superior.

Actually, there is now a plethora of excellent, free sample sets available to Hauptwerk users from various sources. I don't anticipate adding any additional ones.
Al Morse

Return to Hauptwerk instruments