It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:27 am

AVO - Walcker Organ from Miskolc v2 (III/38+P)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

AVO - Walcker Organ from Miskolc v2 (III/38+P)

PostMon Mar 15, 2021 9:27 am

I am pleased to inform everyone that the new version of Walcker Organ from Miskolc has been completed.

The Walcker-Organ Opus 3980 built in 1960 to Catholic. Church of Bad Ems (Germany). This is a great neo-baroque organ with III/38 stops. The Bad Ems parish church donated these organ to the church of the Iron Factory of Miskolc (Hungary) in 1995.

I did the recording and sample making in 2015. At the time, I still had little knowledge of sample making and there was a lot of criticism, mainly for tuning the sample. I’ve learned a lot lately and I’m slowly taking out my old samples and making the new version by reprocessing the raw recording audio files. Now this great organ has taken place. Thanks to the finer noise filtering method, the sound of the reprocessed sample is fuller and more vibrant. Another significant change is that the new release does not use a 2-channel stereo mix, but all six channels using surround.

Sample quality
The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, multiple loops (1-8) and multiple releases (3 levels).
Equal, a=440 Hz
The sample was prepared in 2-channel stereo front-near, 2-channel stereo front-far, and 6-channel (near-far-rear) surround versions.
The reverb is 3.5 s, reflects he original acoustics of the church.
Hauptwerk v4.2 or v5-6 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
Keyboards, Pedal
The original organ compass of the manuals are 56 keys (the virtual version 58), the compass of the pedal is 30 (the virtual 32) keys.
RAM requirements:
stereo form: 16 bit:7 GB, 24 bit: 9 GB, surround form: 16 bit: 16 GB, 24 bit:18 GB

Screenshots
Audio demos
More info.

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István, Pecze Andor and Jean-Pierre Silvestre. If something's done well, it's thanks to them.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments