It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:41 am

St. Martini Sample set - virtual fourth manual

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

tomaszartur

St. Martini Sample set - virtual fourth manual

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 11:44 am

Good afternoon,

I am the happy owner of St. Martini Sample set.
I have four manuals and I would like to use the fourth manual while playing this great instrument. Would anyone be willing to contribute to the creation of a virtual fourth manual? Unfortunately, I cannot do it myself and I would have to ask competent person.
As I am self-taught I would like to ask for your help what voices to add in the fourth manual please?

Best,
Tom

IainStinson

Re: St. Martini Sample set - virtual fourth manual

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 pm

Without any "work" you could use the fourth manually as a "coupler manual" - that is decided which two divisions (potentially more) you would like the keyboard to play and then set it up to do that. A few pipe organs have coupler manuals which can be really rather useful.

You can do this by following this previous post http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14765.

Iain

mcloney1

Re: St. Martini Sample set - virtual fourth manual

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 pm

tomaszartur wrote:Good afternoon,

I am the happy owner of St. Martini Sample set.
I have four manuals and I would like to use the fourth manual while playing this great instrument. Would anyone be willing to contribute to the creation of a virtual fourth manual? Unfortunately, I cannot do it myself and I would have to ask competent person.
As I am self-taught I would like to ask for your help what voices to add in the fourth manual please?

Best,
Tom

some things i was thinking about that you will hopefully find helpful...

I think there is a couple of things that could be done here, but one would need some more specifics to do this sort of thing. As mentioned above you could turn it into a coupling manual, but if you want to make a whole other division to add onto the existing sample set, it say would depend on a couple things, 1, mainly being what type of music you actually intend on playing, and how this division will affect that sort of thing, and 2, also if you want this division to be constructed from other sample sets, one would need to know what other sample sets you have that could be used for that sort of thing. (I'm assuming you wouldn't want someone to make something like this, just to find out that you don't own the other sample set, and etc).
On point 1, probably the best thing would be to have is a division complimentary to the style of the original instrument, that being said I have seen a few strange cases of such similar instruments being enlarged with a French style swell division, those being quite standardized for the most part, would not be to difficult to derive a good disposition. In terms of something more consistent with the style, While I must admit that my specialty is not that of German and similar instrument, based off of some specifications i have seen, they can be quite varied, for example, the 4th manual of the bovenkerk instrument is quite small and seems to be more like an eco division, with one or two solo stops, and on the other hand, the 4th manual of the instrument at weingarten is considerable larger, containing some interesting such as a VIII-XI rank cornet, among others.

On point 2, depending on what style this division would have, i would think by now there would be a decent amount of free sample sets, especially some of those by M. Grabowski, which would fit such style.

some other points for consideration. While I'm not an expert at odf manipulation, considering that you might have to first completely recreate the original sample set, and then add whatever division on top of that with codm, this will take quite to doing to accomplish, and from what i would imagine that this would need to be done by someone who owns the original sample set.

I would also recommend that you play around with codm a bit, especially if you have a lot of sample sets, though im not aware of any too currently that automates that like the one Vincent Forman made for . odf's, so you might have to do a lot of things manually, but I think the results can be interesting sometimes,

while I cannot do this sort of thing since I don't have the St martini sample set, I hope that you would find these sort of things to consider at least somewhat helpful to figure out what you would want for this sort of thing

Return to Hauptwerk instruments