It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 am

Patching existing sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

mdbirkett

Patching existing sample set

PostThu May 13, 2021 10:24 am

Hi all;

I am a BIG fan of the sample sets from Piotr Grabowski -- particularly the Friesach sample set. I am currently using version 1.01 of the sample set, but I see on the web site that there is now a version 1.06. I have downloaded the file Friesach_Patch_1_06.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar from the web site, but I wonder if somebody could guide me as to the best way to load/install the patch -- I have made a number of voicing changes that I really do not want to have to redo. A set of step-by-step instructions as to how to apply the patch would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Murray Birkett

IainStinson

Re: Patching existing sample set

PostThu May 13, 2021 11:06 am

I would
1.Download the patch, it will be file of type RAR.
2.Make a Hauptwerk back up (File | Backup). This preserves your settings (including the voicing changes)and I would take it as a precaution.
3.Install the patch file in the sample way you install sample sets. (File | Install), when the dialogue box appears during the install, click OK to complete the patch installation.
4.Load the organ as usual, it will probably want to regenerate the cache file and so will take quite a bit longer than a usual load operation.
5.Try the upgraded instrument. Your voicing changes should still be in place. You may need to review them if the patch has changed some of the ranks you have voiced.

If for some reason the voicing is not preserved, you could restore the backup made at the start.

Hope this helps,

Iain

Return to Hauptwerk instruments