It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:40 am

Nancy - new sample set released

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

puciak

PostSat May 29, 2021 3:35 pm

Hello,
I've just released a new sample set - Nancy. It is a 65-stop organ built by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll. More details can be found on my website: https://piotrgrabowski.pl

I hope you will like it.
Piotr Grabowski - Virtual Pipe Organ Sample Sets
https://piotrgrabowski.pl

larason2

Re: Nancy - new sample set released

PostSat May 29, 2021 3:50 pm

Very nice, congratulations! This appears to be more an organ from the Middle of Cavaillé-Coll's career, not as many of those around. Definitely seems to be the CC organ with the most available reeds!

smfrank

PostSat May 29, 2021 4:16 pm

I've ordered and in the process of downloading.
Hint to Piotr: have some pictures on your website of the virtual console.
Steve
Steven Frank

puciak

PostSat May 29, 2021 4:34 pm

smfrank wrote:I've ordered and in the process of downloading.
Hint to Piotr: have some pictures on your website of the virtual console.
Steve

Thank you for your order. I think the video is enough to show the console :)

murph

PostSat May 29, 2021 5:23 pm

Just playing around with the demo. Very nice!!!!
I love the hidden bits on the simple page.
The ability do detune the reeds and flues separately is great! (Although, to be able to do it separately for the positive and recit would be nice,,,,,(these 2 divisions are affected by temperature differently to the other 3)).
My speakers aren't set up at the moment, so just listening on headphones, but boy do the rears have a long reverb!!!
Overall, very good! (I'll probably buy it when funds available. It's rent week, so not for now.)

Theorbe

PostSat May 29, 2021 6:12 pm

Deleted by author.
Last edited by Theorbe on Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JulianMoney-Kyrle

PostSat May 29, 2021 7:45 pm

I have been looking forward to this, but now that I have seen the price I don't think I will be able to justify it, particularly as I already have Caen, which sounds amazing in its new version 2.6 incarnation. With taxes it will be nearly 1,000 Euros in the UK (maybe even more - I'm not sure whether duty is applicable as well as VAT). I would imagine that any HW users who can afford to spend that much on a sample set would only do so once or twice altogether, and only for one that they know they will use a lot, or which offers something unique and particularly desirable (arguably that could be said to apply to all samplesets since no two organs are the same, but you still have to make a choice).

I will be interested to see how it fares.

larason2

PostSat May 29, 2021 10:42 pm

I think it sounds great! Definitely less strings than organs from CC’s later days, but instead you get way more reeds, mixtures and mutations. It is still very much a Cavaillé-Coll, and the sounds are very authentic and lovely. The reverb is quite nice too, though not quite as nice as Caen or Oloron. In a way it is a shame it was released later than Metz or Caen, many people now already have their CC organ and are happy with it. Still, I think it is very much a worthy competitor to them.

Thomas344

PostSat May 29, 2021 11:23 pm

The set is really very expensive compared to the purchase sets from Piotr. I really thought the whole time a price of about 450 euros.
If Piotr wants to support the cathedral, he can really like to do so. But I do not want to. Nevertheless, by buying the set you are forced to do so. It is not voluntary. In addition, VAT is added.
The way Piotr reacts to the request for a picture of the screen is impossible!
I think that you can do without this set (mainly) because of the overpriced price. There are so many good and cheap alternatives.
Swieta Lipka is scheduled to come next. Am very curious who will be supported with the sale of this set. I just set myself already on a sales price of 1399 euros :lol:

dhm

PostSun May 30, 2021 1:57 am

JulianMoney-Kyrle wrote:I have been looking forward to this, but now that I have seen the price I don't think I will be able to justify it, particularly as I already have Caen, which sounds amazing in its new version 2.6 incarnation. With taxes it will be nearly 1,000 Euros in the UK (maybe even more - I'm not sure whether duty is applicable as well as VAT). I would imagine that any HW users who can afford to spend that much on a sample set would only do so once or twice altogether, and only for one that they know they will use a lot, or which offers something unique and particularly desirable (arguably that could be said to apply to all samplesets since no two organs are the same, but you still have to make a choice).

I will be interested to see how it fares.

UK price is currently GB£765.00 for the first month.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

ludu

PostSun May 30, 2021 6:14 am

Normally, for each button, HW can set it to ON by default when using General Cancel. It’s very tidy when you don’t want to burden yourself with ‘Appels d’anches’ or ‘Copula GO’. With the demo version, I see that it does not work. Is there the same problem with the full version?
Luc

smfrank

PostSun May 30, 2021 6:37 am

Here is the simple screen:
http://www.stevenfrank.com/nancy-simple.jpg
Steve
Steven Frank

puciak

PostSun May 30, 2021 6:53 am

ludu wrote:Normally, for each button, HW can set it to ON by default when using General Cancel. It’s very tidy when you don’t want to burden yourself with ‘Appels d’anches’ or ‘Copula GO’. With the demo version, I see that it does not work. Is there the same problem with the full version?

In the Settings tab there is an option "Enable Appels d'anches and Copula GO on organ load". If you enable it and reload the organ, all anches and Copula GO will be enabled and General Cancel won't cancel them. Maybe you've done it and something else is wrong. Please let me know :)

ostrovitch

PostSun May 30, 2021 7:07 am

Thomas344 wrote:The set is really very expensive compared to the purchase sets from Piotr. I really thought the whole time a price of about 450 euros.
If Piotr wants to support the cathedral, he can really like to do so. But I do not want to. Nevertheless, by buying the set you are forced to do so. It is not voluntary. In addition, VAT is added.
I think that you can do without this set (mainly) because of the overpriced price. There are so many good and cheap alternatives.
Swieta Lipka is scheduled to come next. Am very curious who will be supported with the sale of this set. I just set myself already on a sales price of 1399 euros :lol:

Yes, paying VAT on the (significant) part of the support to the cathedral, sounds to me not logic.
We pay enough VAT yet, even on food.

puciak

PostSun May 30, 2021 7:11 am

ostrovitch wrote:
Thomas344 wrote:The set is really very expensive compared to the purchase sets from Piotr. I really thought the whole time a price of about 450 euros.

Yes, paying VAT on the (significant) part of the support to the cathedral, sounds to me not logic.
We pay enough VAT yet, even on food.

How would you imagine it? I am tied with the contract to give the association some part of the income, but as a seller I cannot specify part of the price as a donation. To my knowledge VAT had to be applied for the whole amount. About the sample set price, I think it is better it was recorded and released in this price, than getting totally nothing. Nobody is obliged to buy it. The contracts with parishes/associations are different.
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments