It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 am

Haverhill Display Problem

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

David Baldwin

Haverhill Display Problem

PostMon Oct 18, 2021 1:56 pm

I have a relatively new computer on which the Haverhill Display is performing oddly. Part of the computer spec on which is running is

Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 UD (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
128GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (4 x 32GB)

I use this organ quite intensively as my practice organ. I have two displays operating in Portrait mode. Suddenly, whichever option I select, both screens look like a landscape view fitting into the portrait mode. I have tried Hereford (another Lavender product) and that performs OK. I have tried two other organs from other sources and they are OK.

I loaded one of the other Hauptwerk options and loadeed Haverhill. It went through the initial routine and when it loaded it was good. So I went back to the first Hauptwerk and forced that to recompile. The result was still the same problem. Anybody with some ideas.
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Haverhill Display Problem

PostMon Oct 18, 2021 3:06 pm

Hello David,

When using your monitor in Portrait mode, and IF the sample set supports portrait mode, it will display in portrait mode when selecting "left" or "right" jamb. Make sure that VIEW | ZOMM VIRTUAL CONSOLE TO FIT option is ticked.

I'm not familiar with Haverhill and it is possible that portrait mode is not available. If "Left/Right jamb" view is available try it.

See Hauptwerk User Guide page 57-58 to learn more.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

IanPounder

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 3:51 am

Hello David

I have Haverhill extended and it does support portrait screens. L Jamb 1 / R Jamb 1 console view tabs are for landscape, L/R Jamb 2 for portrait. You can see me using it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yAGErOQ8ho. That's Hauptwerk v6 but it was the same on v4. It would be worth contacting David Butcher if you can't resolve the problem.
Here's my LH screen, showing the display tabs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JQQPs3EIPSP9Iinn2powBWYokSpjg-NP/view?usp=sharing
Last edited by IanPounder on Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

mdyde

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 4:02 am

Hello David,

If the relevant Haverhill console tabs do support portrait mode, and if your monitors are in portrait mode, and if you do have the 'View | Zoom virtual console to fit' option ticked, but the console display on those tabs is somehow 'stuck' in landscape mode, perhaps the screen sizes were misreported or changed unexpectedly at some point, e.g. as the computer booted or shut down.

If Hauptwerk is in full-screen mode, try temporarily taking it out of full-screen mode. Likewise, if the windows are maximised, try un-maximising them temporarily. If those things don't solve it, try temporarily also dragging the sizes of the windows a bit smaller, just so that their dimensions get recalculated.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

David Baldwin

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 11:39 am

Thanks for your help gentlemen. The screens have displayed in portrait previously except for a couple of days ago. So something had changed. I followed the advice on trying different view settings. I discovered that "Zoom virtual console to fit" corrected it. I don't know how its setting had changed but thanks for the help to get me looking in the right area!
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

mdyde

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 11:40 am

Thanks, David.

Excellent. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments