It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am

Silver Octopus November (Black Friday) Sale

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Charles Braund

Silver Octopus November (Black Friday) Sale

PostTue Nov 02, 2021 8:51 pm

I have never done a Black Friday sale before but it seems to be the norm these days. I know it's a few weeks before the official date but many people don't check the forum on a regular basis and it is all too easy to miss out when a sale is limited to just a few of days.

Every single one of our sample sets has been discounted - even the newest ones.
In some cases the discount amounts to over 70% which represents an enormous saving.

I am pleased to announce that all of the Concert series models are available with either standard HW graphics or the new photo graphics developed by Olivia Nagioff. In addition, these "deluxe" models offer extra features especially in the larger models including programmable crescendo pedal, sustainers and other extra facilities.

Some newer releases including the E.J Johnson chamber organ, the Forster & Andrews 1867 and the Prosser 1883 also feature photo graphics.

All instruments are compatible with HW V and VI as well as HW IV.
Please state edition currently being used when ordering.

Demo pieces of various models can be found at: https://www.silveroctopus.co.uk/sound-demonstrations
and on the ContreBombarde site.

The direct link to the Black Friday price list can be found at: https://www.silveroctopus.co.uk/black-friday-2021

Best wishes,
Charles

Charles Braund

Re: Silver Octopus November (Black Friday) Sale

PostFri Nov 05, 2021 7:42 pm

There might be a little confusion as to when our sale actually begins (according to an email from one of our customers).

I made the announcement of the sale and titled it as a "Black Friday" sale but this might imply in retrospect that it will only run on Black Friday. This is not the case.
The sale is current throughout the whole of November and the prices shown apply NOW and not just at the end of the month.
Hope this clarifies any misunderstanding.
C

vpo-organist

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 12:37 pm

Hello Charles,

When is a demo version for HW VI planned?

Are the samples absolutely dry, or are there still reverb parts in the recording?

Do all registers have auto detect midi (I use my own midi panel)?

Charles Braund

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 2:35 pm

It depends which library you are asking about.
There is the fully working demo 10 stop Concert complete with graphics and a part compass 125 stop (without the deluxe features) both available for IV V and VI.
There are also demo versions of some of the other series instruments and individual facsimiles which are compatible with all platforms. The majority of the other series or instrument demos are limited compass versions.
Please let me know which one you might be interested in.

Most of the "series" type libraries such as the Concert and Pre-Victorian series organs are close recorded and dry but some of the facsimile instruments such as the Forster & Andrews and Avery chamber organ offer different natural perspective positions recorded from different positions such as console (near) and medium distance (about 15' or so back). However, such instruments are in themselves quite dry since the originals are in fairly dry buildings in the first place.

The facsimile Willis 1894 (currently in preparation) will be slightly different with both dry and convolved wet versions.

Purator

PostTue Nov 09, 2021 2:37 pm

I either did not find it on the website or it isn't on the website. I am wondering about how much freedom the license gives me regarding commercial use. Am I allowed to perform with the Concert 125 in public and take an entrance fee? Am I allowed to produce a CD and sell it? Of course mentioning that it was recorded/is performed on _that_ virtual organ.

Kind Regards,
Rico

Charles Braund

PostWed Nov 10, 2021 12:42 pm

I am wondering about how much freedom the license gives me regarding commercial use. Am I allowed to perform with the Concert 125 in public and take an entrance fee? Am I allowed to produce a CD and sell it? Of course mentioning that it was recorded/is performed on _that_ virtual organ.

The licence gives you complete freedom to perform in public, take an entrance fee and produce a CD, or other type of recording such as Youtube or Contre Bombarde.
The commercial licencing aspect refers to the use of the libraries or parts of the libraries in permanent installations such as churches.There is rarely a different or additional charge for these types of institutions if the organ is to be used "out of the box" so to speak however, such instruments sometimes require slightly customised sets or individual stops or they may need additional or alternative stops that are a better fit into their scheme - either as a hybrid with real pipes or to match the natural acoustics of their building. Depending on the alteration(s) and how much work is involved, this is sometimes subject to an extra charge.

Private customers can also avail themselves of this facility in certain circumstances such as redesigning a specification to fit a recycled console for example but in general it is not something that we offer as a standard service. The easiest thing to do is email me to discuss what is required and what is possible.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments