It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:33 am

Caen 2.66 new install NO SOUND

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

SKresge

Caen 2.66 new install NO SOUND

PostSat Dec 18, 2021 8:40 am

Hello,

I have just purchased and downloaded the Caen 2.66 from S.P.

My setup:
2018 intel Mac mini 64G Ram w/ Big Sur
HW 6.0.2
No sound card or special sound. It is straight audio out to the stereo.
I have checked the pedal levers and verified with Jiri that the ones needed for sound are correct.

I am not getting any blower noise, mechanical action sound, or any stops sounding even when clicking on the manuals on the screen.

Jiri claims that I have to go in and adjust stuff in the mixer to get sound which I HAVE NEVER HAD TO DO for any of the 12 sets I have on my computer including the St Max Sample set from them which works perfectly.

Has anybody had this problem or have a suggestion? Jiri says he can not help me anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

mnailor

Re: Caen 2.66 new install NO SOUND

PostSat Dec 18, 2021 9:27 am

If you installed any of those other samplesets *before* upgrading from HW 4 to HW 5 or 6, your rank routings would have carried over from HW 4 to HW 5 or 6 unless you chose an option to reset them

Installing a new organ usually requires going into Organ settings / Rank routing and sending each rank to an audio bus group. Your default audio bus group, which gets used automatically in Rank routing, might not be set up correctly to go to your headphones.

In that case, you need to go into General settings / Audio mixer and / Audio mixer bus groups to verify your settings for the default audio bus group is correctly done.

Or fix up Rank routing for each new organ you install instead of using the default. Load a working organ, look at Organ settings / Rank routing, and see which audio bus group its ranks are assigned to. Do the same for Caen.

SKresge

PostSat Dec 18, 2021 9:48 am

mnailor wrote:Installing a new organ usually requires going into Organ settings / Rank routing and sending each rank to an audio bus group. Your default audio bus group, which gets used automatically in Rank routing, might not be set up correctly to go to your headphones.

I just purchased and installed Notre-Dame de Metz from Milan and installed with no special setup two weeks ago, works flawlessly.

mnailor wrote: Load a working organ, look at Organ settings / Rank routing, and see which audio bus group its ranks are assigned to. Do the same for Caen.

Checked all the sets I have, both old and the newest install referenced above and then checked the Caen and the Caen has the exact same settings as the other sample sets, and yet nothing.

mnailor

PostSat Dec 18, 2021 10:34 am

Well, that's very strange. You have the GO coupler on? MIDI activity lights? Do keys move on the console view?

Does the audio meter in HW show any activity when you play with stops drawn? What about the bus activity lights in the mixer settings window?

In the Caen mixer screen, are the front and rear sliders up? Are the 4 Anches ventils on if using chorus reeds and upperwork?

Sorry for checking the obvious, but sometimes it trips us up. I installed the new upgrade St Max and took forever to realize there were ventils being turned off by my pistons.

mnailor

PostSat Dec 18, 2021 10:44 am

If none of the above, could you send a diagnostic file with Caen loaded to Francois at support@hauptwerk.com and see if he can see the problem?

I'm running Caen 2.66 and nothing odd happened when I upgraded, so it can work.

SKresge

PostSat Dec 18, 2021 11:01 am

I reloaded the organ, still nothing, then ran the Organ Wizard again on a last ditch effort and reset everything (even though I didn't do anything after the install to begin with) and boom the sound was there. I have no idea, have never had to do this.

THANK YOU mnailor, for all your questions and help. I have no idea what resetting did, but it worked.

Scott

mnailor

PostSat Dec 18, 2021 11:12 am

I'm glad. Have fun.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments