It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 pm

AVO - Rieger Organ From Novi Sad (II/24+P) - NEW

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

AVO - Rieger Organ From Novi Sad (II/24+P) - NEW

PostMon Dec 20, 2021 2:19 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set of Rieger Organ of the Name of Mary Church from Novi Sad (Serbia) . The organ has two manuals and pedal and 24 original and 7 extended stops.

Novi Sad (Hungarian: Újvidék) is the second largest city in Serbiaa and the capital of the autonomous province of Vojvodina. The population is 341.000.
Novi Sad is today the most important industrial city in Serbia. In ancient times, this city belonged to the Kingdom of Hungary. Many of the city’s old buildings, including the huge Catholic church in the city center, commemorate this period.

The local Catholic parish was organized in 1702, and the original church was built in 1719 on the same location as today's church. This original church was destroyed in 1742. The second church, was heavily damaged in the bombing during the Hungarian Revolution of 1848 and its bell-tower was destroyed. It was later partially reconstructed. In 1891, the city council made a decision to demolish the old church, and to build a new one on the same location. Hungarian architect György Molnár designed the church in 1892 for free. The main construction was finished in November 1893. The 72-meters high bell-tower with the golden cross was finished in October 1894.

The Rieger brothers built the church organ in 1899. The Op. 486 organ has a romantic disposition, 2 manual and pedal, 24 register, mechanical keyway, conical valve control. There were only minor repairs to the organ, it is still functional and has fully retained its original disposition and pipes. Hungary's similar Rieger organs have unfortunately fallen victim to the modernizing, baroque aspirations of the 1960s, but this organ has retained its original romantic beauty and uniqueness.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-8) and multiple releases (3 levels). Equal, a=438 Hz. The reverb 2.5 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.2 and v5 and v6 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
Original and extended versions: stereo near (semidry), stereo far (wet) and six-channels surround.
In the surround versions you can adjust the perspective by setting the volume of the near, far and rear recordings.
For the near (semidry) versions, the IR reverb file of the temple is available for use with Hauptwerk v5-6.
The sample RAM requirement is not high, the stereo version requires 8 GB, the surround version requires 16 GB for 16-bit loading, and 18 GB for 24-bit loading.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
Special thanks to my friend Andor Pecze, who arranged for the organ to be recorded.
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István, Andor Pecze and Jean-Pierre Silvestre. If something's done well, it's thanks to them.
This is where I want to commemorate two of my late friends, Adrian Wheal and Alain Grandchamp. They helped me a lot in sample making and testing for many years. I recommend this sample in their memory.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments