It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:02 pm

Previous version of St. Max? -- SOLVED

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

mnailor

Previous version of St. Max? -- SOLVED

PostSat Apr 09, 2022 11:55 am

Did anybody keep the previous St. Maximin rar files, before fine-tuned mixtures? I'd like to go back, but when downloading the new version, I didn't save the old installation files, and of course only the new files are on my SP Products list. I'd really appreciate a temporary file share.

In the new version, the Original ODF seems to prevent making its division ventils stay turned on, so I have to turn them on every time I hit cancel, and that's too much screen poking. The Extended ODF only seems to have fine-tuned mixtures regardless of the setting, and that ruins the plein jeu. Not sure about the Original ODF's mixtures -- I couldn't use it, so I deleted it before listening for that issue.

Thank you.

Edit: Both issues, keeping original mixtures and keeping ventils on, were solved in ODF update 2.23 and samples version 2.21.
Last edited by mnailor on Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

mcloney1

Re: Previous version of St. Max?

PostMon Apr 11, 2022 12:38 pm

while I don't have the older version, and in the event there is no one that comes forward with the old version, there are some things you can do to fix the mixtures so that you get the ones you want sounding (though i never use the Extended version, so idk about that one, so idk about the ventil system, but the mixtures fix should be the same for the extended odf). There seems to be a bug with the mixture selector that if you have a lot of ranks loaded, the selector will bug out and regardless of what you have selected, the default mixtures will sound (in some sample sets this is the fine tuned ones, this is the case with Caen, and in some others the default are the un tuned mixtures, the original st max odf is this way). It sounds from what you said that the default for the extended is the fine tuned ones, so since the default for these odfs are different, the fix i figured out is going to mess up one of those, so figure out which one you want to use. The solution to this that i figured out does not fix the selector, but changes the default mixtures. Basically this involves swapping the file names of the original mixtures and the tuned mixtures (you will want a bulk file rename program, otherwise it will be very tedious, because the original mixtures and fine tuned ones are in the same folder, but are appended differently). Usually one of the two are appended with _050 or something like that, so you will need to first preferable make a back up of all the mixtures samples (folders, and all in their right place) in case you mess this up, and then move one of the set of mixtures to another folder, so as not to interfere with the other, then use the bulk file rename to either remove the _050, or add the _050 to their respective files, and then when you are done, put the renamed files back in their original spot. The particular file naming conventions in st maximin might be different, but this is what i had to do in Caen to get the original mixtures, so in any case pay attention to how the sample set folders, and file names are set up because it might be slightly different. (hopefully this helps, it is a little tedious, but it has worked for me, and sometime ill get around to asking Mr, Zurek to see to this bug).

mnailor

PostMon Apr 11, 2022 1:37 pm

Thanks -- I may be able to figure that out!

mnailor

PostMon Apr 18, 2022 7:36 pm

I decided to delete the messed up version of St. Max and stick with other French classical organs. Most of the music I played on it was better suited to an earlier generation of instruments anyway. Thanks!

Bonanches

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 9:57 am

Hi,

I recently downloaded the new version but still have the four earlier version RAR files on the original DVD discs and on a USB hard drive storage disc. I have both versions on my systems.
If it is permissable you would be welcome to a copy.
Best wishes,
Julian.

mnailor

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 10:15 am

Thank you, but I got a source for the files.

mnailor

Re: Previous version of St. Max? -- SOLVED

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 12:01 pm

Ah, the old 2.0.1 version is restored, with its nice clanging original mixtures. Big improvement!

mnailor

Re: Previous version of St. Max? -- SOLVED

PostTue May 10, 2022 9:41 am

SP just released update patches to remember the mixture fine tuning switch position for St Max, Caen, Freiberg, Utrecht, Skinner, Casavant, and Ludingworth. They sent an email.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments