It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:15 am

Bückeburg Free Sample Set - Sonus Paradisi

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

zurek

Bückeburg Free Sample Set - Sonus Paradisi

PostThu Apr 28, 2022 3:24 am

Today, I wish to introduce a new Sample Set for the Hauptwerk software to you. It is the virtual model of the Janke Organ in Bückeburg (Germany). The town church of Bückeburg had an organ by Esaias Compenius the Older, completed in 1617. During the centuries, the organ was changed many times. In 1962, the organ was completely destroyed by fire. A new organ was built into the renewed case thirty years later (1993-1997) by Rudolf Janke, his opus 114, in the Mid-German baroque style. The instrument consists of 3 manuals and a pedal, alltogether 47 sounding stops. It witnesses the legacy of the finest neo-baroque organ building practices of the late 20th century. Its refined voicing is highly praised by experts and its crisp sound can be admired by organ enthusiasts.

And since I wish that all (!) the Hauptwerk enthusiasts can enjoy the sound of this magnificent instrument, I decided to make it a free instrument. Download, install and play free of charge the Bückeburg Vol. 1, which is the complete organ with its 3 manuals, the pedal and 47 stops. Including the sampled tremulants and all the other features. There is only one small limitation. The Unterwerk and the Pedal divisions have only 2 microphone perspectives (diffuse and rear). Still, the Hauptwerk and the Oberwerk divisions offer the complete 3 microphone perspectives for free (direct, diffuse, rear).

The direct perspective for the Unterwerk and Pedal is sold separately as the vol. 2. Therefore, those who wish to support Sonus Paradisi are welcome to make their contribution by purchasing the small vol. 2 and use the complete virtual instrument.

The sample set can be used in Hauptwerk version 4.2 and any higher version (incl. HW 7), the Advanced version is necessary due to the size of the virtual instrument. The sample set is offered in plain wave format, no dongle encryption was used.

More details, including the specification and audio demo samples of the instrument may be found on the Sonus Paradisi web pages.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

einer_von_weitem

Re: Bückeburg Free Sample Set - Sonus Paradisi

PostThu Apr 28, 2022 5:49 am

Applause!
My Hauptwerk recordings on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJu6YY ... XMA/videos

david515mi

PostThu Apr 28, 2022 6:17 am

Thank you, Jiri! Based on the demos, it sounds wonderful.

David

lefranc22

PostThu Apr 28, 2022 10:23 am

The free demo version is well worth trying as it has all the stops But it's 8 big files to download (more than 32 GB) and it needs RAM.

david515mi

PostThu Apr 28, 2022 10:05 pm

Jiri, in what temperament is this organ tuned? Some variety of well-temperament, I think.

bambergfranken

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 1:01 am

lefranc22 wrote:The free demo version is well worth trying as it has all the stops But it's 8 big files to download (more than 32 GB) and it needs RAM.

Please see something more positive!
Jiri: Thank you for the free set!
lefranc22: It is not a demo set. It is a full sample set with all the features.
I don't see why multiple files should be a problem. And it is normal that RAM is needed accordingly.

SMann

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 1:24 am

How utterly delightful! The instrument has a very clear, lively and transparent sound. It's bright without being shrill at all. I've been working on BWV 543 lately and it sounds marvelous. (the organ that is, my playing not so much)

Thanks so much for this, Jiri!

Steve

josq

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 2:56 pm

Wow, truly a great gift! I just installed the sample set. Just beautiful!

Roglu

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 3:12 pm

I also find this set very successful. Only the third and nasat registers sound unnatural to me.

Mouter

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 12:01 am

Thank you Jiri for this gesture . I own a few of your samplesets and admire the sharing of something that takes a lot of effort to produce.

Atn52

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 1:18 am

Many thanks Juri for this wonderful organ. It was created by a great organ builder Rudolf Janke, who is honored with it for his life's work. Perfection down to the smallest detail, it couldn't be better. With best wishes Anton

mnailor

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 12:24 pm

Very clear and beautiful with just diffuse and rear channels!

bourdon

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 1:17 pm

J. Zurek has always been most generous , distributing for free fine and consistent demonstration samples. This time it is even more with this very valuable and generous gift of a complete organ, for which he must be thanked a lot !
So, I thought, this deserved the effort of giving somme impressions and ( as for my personal opinion) a vigourous apraisal ! :

The organ itself sounds definitely neo-baroque ( ...a good one), mainly with german and french influences ( e.g. trumpet and great Cornet , for the latter). The plenum ,with and without reeds , blends well , is not agressive and sounds clear and natural . In particular, here, the mixtures are not harsh nor "shrilling". The principals , as the bourdons and flutes , are different on each keyboard , with clear and distinct personalities.

And , last but not least, we can appreciate all these qualities , due to the very good recording and processing by Sonus Paradisi.

david515mi

PostSat Apr 30, 2022 7:21 pm

To these virtues I’d add a nice flexibility in the wind.

James

PostSun May 01, 2022 7:07 pm

Thank you, Jiri, for this wonderful sample set. I got it installed after a bit of operator error, and have been amazed by the quality of this organ. The blending of different stops, unusual combinations, the ability for solo stops to be clearly heard--you are to be unreservedly complimented for this magnificent gift.
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments